Your journey at a glance
Embark on an amazing 8-day journey through the vast, pristine and wild Patagonia among Chile’s most beautiful landscapes.
Your adventure kicks off in Santiago, the Chilean capital is today a modern, sprawling and vibrant metropolis that is flanked on one side by the Andes mountain range, and the Coastal range on the other. It is here that you can enjoy a series of tours that range from historical and cultural explorations to specific excursions centred on food, architecture and art.
After exploring the vibrancy of Santiago, you will head to the awe-inspiring beauty of Patagonia. Over 500 years after the arrival of the first European seafarers in Patagonia, the words to describe it are the same: exotic, faraway, vast, infinitely beautiful, wild, and indomitable.
Situated in the heart of the National Park, the Torres del Paine Mountains are one of the main attractions of that region and an icon of Chilean Patagonia. The immensity of the ice floes, the majesty of the mountains and the expanse of the lakes are a constant source of wonderment. The Torres del Paine National Park’s habitat blends together a wide array of ecosystems, making it a treasure for Chilean wildlife.
The focus of this journey will be to discover the wild side of Patagonia and to photograph some of the most famous animals and birds of this area, from the elusive puma to the impressive condors, your expert naturalist guide will take you to the less known path to capture the best shots of pumas, foxes, ñandues (rheas), guanacos, condors and to an exclusive access where only 6 guests at a time and per day are allowed to enter to see a heard of wild Baguales horses on an interesting excursion.
1 night Santiago | 5 nights Southern Patagonia | 1 night Santiago
8 Days | From USD 11,330 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Welcome and assistance service at all airports
- Two night’s accommodation in Santiago with breakfast
- Five night’s accommodation in Torres del Paine Area on Full-Board
- All transport and tours/excursions in Santiago in a private luxury vehicle, with details and meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Domestic Air Tickets with airport taxes
- Museum and National Park entrance fees where applicable
- Administration fees where applicable
What's not included
- International airfare/airport taxes
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess baggage
- Visa or reciprocity fee expenses. Please check your nearest embassy
- Itinerary based on a minimum of 2 guests
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Rates are not valid over the festive season from 20 December 2018 – 05 January 2019 & 20 December 2019 – 05 January 2020
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in Chile
- &Beyond trading terms apply
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1 - 2: Santiago
- Embark on your first Chilean adventure – an interpretive tour of the city. This incredible excursion will highlight the contrasts between the older, centrally located areas of the city as well as its modern uptown areas. Highlights will include Cerro Santa Lucía, where the city was founded in 1542, the Plaza de Armas, the Central Market, Estación Mapocho (a former railway station), and La Moneda, the Presidential Palace.
- The second half of the tour will commence with a visit to the residential areas of Providencia and Ñuñoa, and the cosmopolitan financial districts of Las Condes, before reaching La Dehesa, where the city reaches the foothills of the Andes and offers a superb vantage point for a panoramic view.
- Savour delicious cocktails and a scrumptious dinner in the company of your naturalist guide, who will give an introductory talk about what to expect on your Patagonia adventure.
Day 3 -4: Southern Patagonia
- Enjoy two full days exploring the wonders of Chilean Patagonia, encountering amazing wildlife such as pumas, condors, southern deer, guanacos, foxes and rheas or ñandues (to name a few) during your journey
- A naturalist guide will ensure that you are ideally positioned to photograph the magnificence of the region, while expert puma trackers will keep an eye out for the park’s elusive resident
- Your mornings and afternoons are dedicated to capturing the best angles of Patagonia, which means that lunch will be served as a picnic in the park
Day 5: Southern Patagonia
- Discover the Baguales wild horses, one of the few areas in the World where you can encounter horses in the purest state of wilderness, a herd of near 100 horses will be the goal and tracking them will be a fascinating journey amidst pristine landscape and in a privileged area within the National Park. You will be accompanied by expert biologist and veterinarian
- Enjoy a short but interesting introduction to the area’s history and the evolution and characteristics of its wild horses provided by our expert resident biologist and/or veterinarian. With the help of satellite tracking equipment, coupled with our guide’s experience and knowledge, we’ll begin our trek, searching for the 100 untamed horses that remain isolated in this sector surrounded by mountains, lakes, and plains, in the most pristine and untouched terrain of Torres del Paine
Day 6: Southern Patagonia
- You will have a full day to enjoy the myriad excursions available in Torres del Paine National Park. With a private guide and vehicle, activities are planned according to the pace and preferences of each guest.
- The Torres del Paine National Park is an adventure paradise and the wide range of excursions available cover as much ground as possible. From hiking, bike riding, to horseback riding, and from mild to strenuous, you can pick and choose your activities according to your own specific interests and level of physical resistance.
- Favourites include visiting Glacier Grey, the French Valley & Base Torres trek.
Day 7: Santiago
- After travelling from Patagonia your evening will be at leisure, allowing you to explore the barrio (neighbourhood)
Day 8: Departure
- After your breakfast, you will be picked up for your day tour of the Casablanca wine valley.
- You will stop at the Veramonte winery, which with its wide range of varieties, produces organic wines of the highest quality, each reflecting the richness and natural splendour that surrounds the winery. A visit to the winery and cellars is followed by a tasting paired with locally-produced delicacies. At the end of the visit, there will be time to shop for wine. (The choice of the winery is subject to availability)
- After lunch at Veramonte, in due time, you will be driven back to Santiago International Airport for your international flight connection.