Your journey at a glance
Start your adventure at the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls. Known locally as Mosi-oa-Tunya (the smoke that thunders), this is undoubtedly one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles.
Here, you will stay at the charming Victoria Falls Hotel, where you will have the opportunity to take advantage of nearby adventures such as an unforgettable helicopter flight over the Victoria Falls, horse riding, elephant back safaris, sunset cruises and hiking.
Next, you will venture to the beautiful Hwange National Park. Renowned as an elephant stronghold, Zimbabwe’s largest national park offers a variety of landscapes, from desert sands and sparse woodland to grasslands and rocky outcrops.
Spend your days exploring your surrounds on game drives and walking safaris before retreating to the comforts of Somalisa Camp.
The last leg of your adventure takes you to the remote destination of Mana Pools National Park, which is tucked away within the middle of the Zambezi Valley. Here, you will unwind at the superb Kanga Camp, which offers exciting activities such as twice-daily game drives and interpretive bush walks.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles. Declared a World Heritage Site, the Falls are the stuff of legends, romance and myth
- Today, Victoria Falls rightly claims the title of Adrenaline Capital of Africa, home to a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports from bungee jumping to canoeing and white water rafting
- Walk in the footsteps of explorers of old as you make the pilgrimage to wonder at the beauty and power of Victoria Falls, one of the world’s greatest natural wonders. Set off accompanied by your &Beyond guide and make the drive into the charming and historical town of Victoria Falls. As you disembark, Feel the spray of the ‘Smoke That Thunders’ as you set off to explore this magnificent World Heritage Site
- Led by your guide, immerse yourself in the lush rainforest that has sprung up around the falls as you make your way along the scenic paths
- Wonder at the graceful Victoria Falls Bridge, constructed in 1905 and hear about the history of the area. Gaze into the depths of the craggy Batoka Gorge and weave your way along the edge of the falls, slowly zigzagging towards their zenith
- Pause for a moment at the statue of David Livingstone and try to image his wonder and exultation at first glimpsing this unforgettable natural spectacle
Day 3-6: Hwange National Park
- Zimbabwe’s largest national park, the elephant stronghold of Hwange is a game-rich area roughly the size of the Bahamas that was once the royal hunting grounds of the Ndebele warrior king Mzilikazi. Guests can explore a variety of landscapes, from desert sands and sparse woodland to grasslands and rocky outcrops. Vast herds of elephant and buffalo, gemsbok and packs of brown hyena can be found in this pristine slice of wilderness, which also boasts one of the largest surviving populations of wild dog
- Birds at Hwange are an attraction to behold. With over 470 bird species, most of which are native, the region is teeming with feathered inhabitants that can be viewed during morning, afternoon and evening drives. Bird lovers will be spoilt for choice when confronted with birdwatching opportunities
- Experience Zimbabwe as the first explorers did, on foot and in awe of its untouched nature and allure. Walks through the Hwange National Park are allowed in private concessions and are an experience that is both awe-inspiring and humbling, as you tread along the very paths animals roam free on and observe their intimate lives from a careful distance
Day 6-9: Mana Pools National Park
- Situated in the middle of the Zambezi Valley, the Mana Pools National Park offers professionally guided canoe trails, affording the excitement of close up views of an abundance of wildlife along the banks of the Zambezi. This remote and untouched conservation area is renowned for offering high concentration of game and excellent game viewing opportunities during Zimbabwe’s dry season
- Enjoy twice-daily game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles and interpretive bush walks, where you can learn to track wildlife with a professional guide. With a wide variety of prey species found within the park, the area is also home to a number of predators and game drives are likely to seek these out
- The Zambezi is inhabited by the sharp-toothed tiger fish, the fiercest game fish found in African inland waters, and Mana Pools is famed for some of the best tiger fishing spots on the continent. Keen anglers will thrill to the fight as they trawl to slow-moving river waters in search of this mighty adversary
- River cruises provide a new perspective on the area as you glide along quiet waterways, enjoying the opportunity to get up close to water birds and wildlife. Accompanied by a professional guide, glide with the current, stopping to gaze at elephants, hippos and crocodiles from a safe distance
- Mana Pool is home to more than 350 bird species and the Zambezi River and the floodplains provide the ideal habitat for a great deal of them
Day 9: Departure
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your light aircraft flight to Harare International Airport for you outbound International flight.
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- Scheduled charter flights and transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Conservation Levy and Wildlife Fund
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Kindly note that this package is valid from 1 April - 30 November 2021 as Kanga Camp is a seasonal property
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, ROE, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Victoria Falls can be viewed from Zimbabwe and Zambia, the Zimbabwean side offers a greater number of spectacular viewing points. During the dry season between September and December, the eastern cataract on the Zambian side of the falls tends to dry up dramatically whist the Zimbabwean side continues to provide amazing views
- andBeyond Trading Terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming