Your journey at a glance
Embark on a captivating 8-day adventure among the rich wildlife and magnificent landscapes of Botswana.
Delve into a classic safari experience in the Chobe National Park in a semi-mobile tented camp and then enjoy some of the best game viewing in the Delta. Combining a perfect blend of water and wildlife activities, live out the journey of a lifetime as close to nature as you can get in the relaxing solitude of the African landscape.
Traverse the Chobe National park, home to the largest concentration of elephants on the African continent and a veritable haven for bird enthusiasts. Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives exploring the game-rich landscape with professionally trained guides offering wildlife sightings and interpretive behaviour explanations. Recline in comfort on a riverboat cruise, as it gently navigates over the still water of the Chobe River.
The next leg of your journey takes you to the Okavango Delta sparkling like a jewel at the heart of the Kalahari Desert. Discover a maze of sparkling lagoons and meandering channels where lion, cheetah, leopard and African wild dog cross paths on vast floodplains with massive herds of elephant and buffalo. Delight in scenic helicopter flights and horseback safaris, allowing you to explore this beautiful area from different perspectives.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Chobe National Park
- Upon arrival at Kasane Airport, you will make your own way to the arrivals hall where you will be welcomed by a member of our &Beyond team and driven, with fellow guests to &Beyond Chobe Under Canvas
- Live out the adventure of a lifetime as close to nature as you can get in the relaxing solitude of the African landscape
- Surrender to tranquillity and serenity in this mobile tented camp, situated in remote and beautiful corners of Botswana
- Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River
- Dine beneath the stars on mouth-watering meals freshly prepared over an open fire
- Enjoy access to the scenic Chobe River
Day 3-5: Okavango Delta (&Beyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp)
- You will be driven to Kasane Airport where a member of the &Beyond team will assist you onto a Mack Air light aircraft. From here, you and fellow guests will be flown to Nxabega Airstrip (Approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes). Another flight over palm studded islands and meandering waterways gives you an opportunity to spot some elephants from the air
- Experience a water and wildlife adventure between the lagoons and channels of the Delta and the Okavango floodplains. (Seasonal and water dependant)
- Explore the Nxabega wilderness on day and night safaris, bush walks, and seasonal mokoro (dugout canoe), motorised boat cruises and fishing. (Seasonal and water dependant)
- See the Delta from a different perspective on a scenic helicopter flight (Additional Cost)
Day 6-7: Okavango Delta (&Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp OR &Beyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge)
- Enjoy a game drive to Nxabega Airstrip where a Mack Air light aircraft will be waiting to fly you, and fellow guests, to Xaranna/Sandibe
- Marvel at the endless beauty of the Okavango Delta as you fly over the massive expanse of this inland lake.
- Game drives, bush walks, scenic helicopter flights and horseback safaris (Xaranna only) allow you to explore this beautiful area from different perspectives
- Exceptional wildlife, including elephant, large buffalo herds, tsessebe, hippo, lion, leopard, African wild dog and roan antelope
- Remarkable bird-watching with 450 bird species, including Pel’s fishing owl and a vast number of migrant birds in summer
- Seasonal water-based experiences include motorised boating, mokoro trips and fishing excursions (Xaranna only)
- Embark on a fascinating tour of the solar power plant, and learn about our cutting edge technology in the middle of the Delta
- Venture to the end of the jetty to gaze at the magnificent star studded sky skies, and ask your guide for a fascinating star gazing session
Day 8: Departure
- Enjoy a game drive to the Airstrip where a light aircraft will be waiting to fly you, and fellow guests, back to Maun airport
- Savour the views as you fly over this water wonderland for one last time