Your journey at a glance
India is a wonderful destination of vibrant contrasts, engaging personalities, bustling cities and wildlife areas filled-to-the-brim with incredible game viewing opportunities.
This 11-day India tour is perfect for those wanting to sample some of the country’s finest cultural attractions and incredible jungle safaris, guaranteed to take your breath away.
The journey covers five exceptional destinations, starting in Delhi, home to the bustling marketplace of Chandni Chowk, various stately buildings and the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Humayun’s Tomb and the Qutub Minar.
The next leg of your journey takes you deep into jungle territory with explorations of both Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks. It is here that you will spend your morning and afternoons searching for the elusive tiger, meeting the sturdy gaur or tracking beautiful leopard and other amazing indigenous species.
Afterwards, your adventure will lead you to beautiful Varanasi for an insightful exploration, showcasing the unique relationship the city and its inhabitants have with the Gangtey River.
Next, you will board a train to Agra. Your journey in this iconic destination offers tours of the red-stone Agra Fort and the legendary Taj Mahal, which you will get to see at both sunset and sunrise.
12 Days | From USD 6,332
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation in a double/Twin room.
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips by Air-conditioned Toyota Innova for Jungle sector and Culture Sector
- All Internal Regular flights in economy
- Travel Journal
- Mineral water during sightseeing and overland trip
- All current taxes as on date.
- TAJ SAFARI LODGES: KANHA AND BANDHAVGARH NATIONAL PARK The prices are inclusive of:
- Accommodation in a Double/Twin Room
- Park fees
- Photographic fees (non-professional)
- Services of English Speaking Naturalist
- Forest guide fees
- Three meals daily (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Soft drinks, House Wines, Local Brand Spirits and Beers
- Teas and Coffees
- Laundry – 6 Pieces Per Person Per Day.
- Scheduled Safari activities morning and evening
- Refreshments on Game Drives
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips , laundry, phone calls etc
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance
- TAJ SAFARIS LODGES: KANHA & BANDHAVGARH NATIONAL PARK
- Telephone calls
- Safari Shop purchases
- Champagne, cognacs, premium brand spirits, fine wines and cigars.
- Any additional taxes and levies
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Validity periods are as specified in the downloadable PDF; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rate is not valid from 20 December – 05 January 2021
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- Rates exclude administration fee, airport taxes, telephone calls, safari shop purchases, gratuities, all items of a personal nature, champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars, conservancy fee and landing fees.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Flight rates are subject to change.
- Should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand / dollar exchange rate or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- &Beyond trading terms apply
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- andBeyond trading terms apply.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Delhi
- Take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk, once the grandest of markets in India.
- Explore the Spice Market in Old Delhi which has been in operation since the 17th century.
- Visit the Jama Masjid, the principal mosque of the region, commisioned by Shah Jahan in 1644.
- Stop at Agrasen ki Baoli, an ancient ‘haunted’ stepwell which is a protected monument.
- Discover Rajpath, also known as the Kings Way, flanked on either side by ornamental ponds.
- Drive past Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential House) – the official residence of the President.
- Stop at the India Gate for photographs, the 42 metre stone arch.
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb, a complex of buildings that were built to house his body.
- End your day with a stop at the Qutub Minar, a 72.5-meter tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret.
Day 3-5: Kanha National Park
- Move on to Kanha National Park, one of the first areas to be protected under Project Tiger, aimed at preserving this magnificent animal.
- Kanha is a renowned and picturesque conservation area that boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
- Explore the sal and bamboo forests of Kanha on twice-daily game drives accompanied by a trained naturalist, who will point out and explain details about the fascinating animals and plants of the jungle.
- Spend three nights at Banjaar Tola Tented Camp, in a luxury tent. Your stay is on a full board basis and includes scheduled shared game drives.
Day 6-9: Bandhavgarh National Park
- An essential stop on any serious tiger safari, Bandhavgarh National Park is renowned for one of India’s highest concentrations of this magnificent animal.
- A relatively small park with a thriving tiger population, it offers guests a good chance of encountering the king of the jungle, as well as a selection of other exotic wildlife.
- Explore this magnificent destination on morning and afternoon game drives.
- Spend three nights at Mahua Kothi Jungle Lodge. Accommodation is in a luxurious cottage with ensuite facilities. Your stay is on a full board basis.
Day 9-10: Varanasi
- Varanasi is a city situated on the banks of the River Ganges in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world and probably the oldest of India.
- The culture of Varanasi is closely associated with the River Ganges and the river’s religious importance.
- Discover the spiritual significance of the city with an evening visit to the ghats to witness the daily activity.
- Then, set off a sunset boat ride on the river which rewards with the magical sight of thousands of tiny candlelit lamps made of leaves and marigolds being set afloat as part of the Ganga aarti ceremony.
- Visit again at dawn, when the river is bathed in a luminous yellow light as colourful throngs of pilgrims perform their morning devotions.
Day 10: Delhi
Today, you will be collected for your flight to Delhi. Upon your arrival you will be warmly welcomed by an &Beyond representative and chauffeured to your hotel where you will spend the evening at your pleasure before transferring to Agra the next day.
Day 11: Agra
- Board a train for Agra and experience some of the truely wonderful things about Indian train travel
- The city of Agra flourished under the patronage of the emperors Akbar, Jahangir and Shah Jahan and attracted artisans from Persia and central Asia.
- Agra is where Emperor Shah Jahan engraved his immortal love for his Empress in marble, the Taj Mahal. Agra is still famous for handicrafts products such as inlay work on marble, carpets, jewellery, zari and embroidery work.
- Visit Agra Fort, the ancient red sandstone palace once occupied by Shah Jahan and his family, and which was renovated, converted and reworked extensively with marble and pietra dura inlay.
- Marvel at the world’s greatest monument to love – the famous Taj Mahal.
- Explore this monument at both sunset and sunrise the next morning. Said to be one of the most elegant and harmonious buildings in the world, the manifestation of the wealth and luxury of Mughal art as seen in its architecture, garden design, painting, and calligraphy.
Day 12: Departure
Early morning visit Taj Mahal at sunrise. Return to the hotel for Breakfast.
Around noon you will be driven to Delhi (Approx. 3 Hour and 30 Minutes’ drive). Upon arrival at Delhi, you will be met by &Beyond staff and assisted at the Delhi International airport for your flight home.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming