Your journey at a glance
Embark on an unforgettable 10-day journey through three of Chile’s most contrasting landscapes with your loved one.
Be captivated by Chile’s Wine Country, Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia and the Lake District, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Your romantic adventure kicks off in the flourishing Wine Country. A mecca for wine enthusiasts and culture lovers alike, toast each other and your love in the magnificent Millahue Valley. Walk hand in hand as you meander through lush winelands enjoying private tours and tastings hosted by renowned sommeliers. Entice your senses with world-class wine and food pairings, and delight in al fresco picnics and traditional outdoor Chilean barbecues. Immerse yourselves in the surrounds and explore on horseback and leisurely cycle on bikes.
After exploring the vibrancy of Wine Country, you will head to the awe-inspiring beauty of Patagonia. Lose yourselves in the dazzling beauty of Torres del Paine National Park, renowned for its rugged horn-shaped peaks of the Cuernos del Paine and pristine sand-coloured lowlands where the huaso countrymen, or baqueano, practice age-old cattle herding traditions. Be enchanted by enormous ice fields flanking brilliant blue glaciers whilst fjords and deep channels usher penguins to their waters. Discover a rich entanglement of rainforest and mountain ranges that stretch across the horizon. Go on hikes, horseback riding, bicycles and vehicles while exploring this breathtaking destination.
Your intimate rendezvous culminates in the Chilean Lake District at &Beyond Vira Vira, situated just outside Pucón. Coined the “Adventure Capital” of Chile, this area offers a plethora of outdoor activities such as rafting, trekking, skiing, kayaking, fly-fishing, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Adventure activities aside, enjoy the opportunity to embark on captivating cultural excursions, gain insight into the Mapuche people, and relish delicious varieties of cheese at the lodge’s cheese factory. You can also unwind with soothing wellness treatments, yoga sessions or an indulgent dip in a bubbling hot tub under the night sky – absolute bliss.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Wine Country
- Upon arrival at Santiago’s International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team. They will assist you through passport control and baggage claim to your waiting vehicle, and drive you to the Colchagua Valley, in the heart of Chile’s main wine production area.
- The Colchagua Valley is arguably Chile’s most outstanding wine area, particularly for Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Carménère.
- Alex and Carrie Vik are the art-collecting couple behind Viña Vik, a one-of-a kind vineyard, nestled in the Millahue Valley (a sub-valley of Colchagua), two hours south of Santiago. Perched on a hilltop it is set amidst a beautiful area of rolling hills and the forested Andes mountains. Suites are modern and minimalist in their design, boasting large windows that offer sweeping views across the valleys. The cuisine is another highlight, and certainly a key component in the experience, with menus created for ideal wine pairings.
Day 2: Wine Country
- Perfect climatic conditions of hot summers, cool coastal breezes and gentle rainfalls ensure bountiful grape harvests that create delectable varieties of Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Carménère, the emblematic grape of Chile which hails from France and is now exclusive to Chile, an ideal destination for the romantics.
- Discover a unique and exceptional one-of-a kind vineyard, with a holistic concept that will leave you enthused. It is not in vain that the indigenous people call this area Millahue, the “Place of Gold”.
- Wine tasting: Enjoy a romantic wine tasting in the exceptional tasting room, where one of VIK experts will guide you to discover the soul of their wines.
- Guided tours: Through the vineyard and their facilities, discover the mystery that is locked inside each of the bottles, from the perspective of the winemaker and learn about the art of making a great wine.
- Horseback riding: Hop in the saddle and ride through VIK vineyard accompanied by a knowledgeable guide to discover the 11,000 acres of beautiful nature and vineyards.
- Trekking: VIK provides extensive trekking trails for you both to enjoy the unique countryside with all its fascinating geographic diversity and flora and fauna.
- Mountain bike: Such fun for couples, experience the hacienda from various perspectives on mountain bikes. Ride above the vineyard on mountain trails, as well as throughout the vines on picturesque valley trails.
- Pool: Swim in the infinity marble pool overlooking the VIK vineyard, ideal for long summer sunny days and sipping cocktails on the romantic sun beds for two.
Day 3: Patagonia
- After your breakfast and in due time you will be driven to Santiago Airport for a flight to Punta Arenas in southern Patagonia.
- Upon your arrival you will be met by your local guide who will drive you to The Singular Patagonia.
- The Singular Patagonia has been restored and resurrected by fourth generation family members of the original pioneers who settled the area and built the sheep farming industry more than 100 years ago.
The property pays homage to the buildings and founders’ rich historical importance in the development of the local culture, economy and heritage.
- Witness century-old machinery imported from England at the turn of the 20th Century; the hotel’s restored wood dock hovering over the Fjord of Last Hope leading out to the Pacific from which ships took wool to markets all over the world; and the local customs and traditions embraced by memorabilia throughout the property.
Day 4-5: Patagonia
You will have two full days to enjoy the excursions available at The Singular Patagonia.
- Full Day trekking at Sierra Baguales: Head out towards the mystical distant location called the Last Hope (Última Esperanza) and take in the gorgeous surroundings on your way to Cerro Guido Ranch, where you will learn about the activities in the zone. From there, continue toward Sierra Baguales, a mountain chain that gets its name from the wild horses that used to roam there and where ancient fossils can still be found. This place is a privileged sanctuary. Upon reaching the ‘Las Cumbres Ranch’, you will eat a special lunch in the midst of this breathtaking landscape, a wonderful experience for you both.
- Full Day navigating around the Patagonian Fjords: Set sail from the hotel towards the Bernardo O’Higgins National Park. Marvel at the Balmaceda Glacier en route and then land at Port Toro, from where you will take a 45-minute walk to the breath-taking Serrano Glacier. Upon returning to the boat, head towards the La Peninsula Ranch where a typical Patagonian lunch awaits. In the afternoon, go horseback riding or trekking along the marvellous paths in the area or just rest and relax at the manor home and visit the attractions there.
- Half Day kayaking at Eberhard Fjord: Take a van to the Eberhard Fjord and kayak through different historical sites such as Port Prat, founded in 1899; Krugger Island, known as the “Island of the Dead,” where early colonists were buried; and ‘Consuelo Ranch’, where the colonization of Last Hope began and where Captain Eberhard built his manor home in 1895. Keep an eye open for Andean condors and black-necked swans.
- Full Day excursion to Torres Del Paine National Park: Passing through several lookouts with breath-taking views of the Paine Massif. Enjoy sightings of ñandús, or American ostriches, foxes and guanacos; and visit lakes such as the Nordenskjold, Sarmiento, Pehoé and Grey. Take a short walk to the Big Falls (Salto Grande) to see the Horns (‘los Cuernos’). At Grey Lake beach, you will have the chance to watch icebergs calving from the glacier.
Day 6: Lake District
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Punta Arenas Airport for your domestic flight to the Puerto Montt Airport. Upon arrival in Puerto Montt, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Vira Vira and driven to the lodge in Pucón.
- The ultimate in romance and natural beauty, your love will blossom here
- Enjoy a scenic river excursion, gliding along clear waters toward Villarrica Lake. This experience is best enjoyed on the afternoon of your arrival, as it requires little physical effort and begins on the beautiful Liucura River right in front of the lodge. This tranquil excursion showcases pristine rolling mountains and native forests, whilst allowing you to observe water birds, and even trout and salmon darting through the river below. End with delicious picnic snacks before returning to the lodge.
- Cuisine plays an important role in the &Beyond Vira Vira experience. Relish a fusion of Chilean and ancient indigenous recipes, all created with the freshest seasonal ingredients, paired with the perfect wine for each dish.
- Pamper yourselves with a couple’s massage leaving you both refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Generally considered as the adventure capital of Chile, the area around Pucón offers myriad outdoor activities to be enjoyed as a couple such as rafting, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and fly-fishing. There is however far much more to this multi-faceted destination. Among its many natural highlights, there are wonderful thermal springs and gorgeous national parks. Volcanoes, mountains, and lakes create one of the most beautiful natural sites Chile has to offer.
Day 7-8: Lake District
- During your stay, you will have two full days of activities arranged by the lodge. The guides at &Beyond Vira Vira are passionate about their work, and about the excursions on offer. With some thirty options available, choosing what to do may seem daunting. Each day they will make a series of options available, allowing you to pick and choose according to your personal preferences, their level of difficulty, or simply a natural or cultural focus.
- Activities are centred on nature and adventure, with treks and horseback rides of various durations. There are also explorations of the nearby Villarrica volcano, visiting its labyrinth of tunnels, or even reaching the summit. There are also several cultural activities, aimed at revealing the secrets of the region. &Beyond Vira Vira also offers some wonderful experiences at the hotel itself such as cooking, cheese-making, and even spending a day in the organic garden. There are also more relaxing activities. What better than sitting in a hot pool of thermal spring water, a glass of red wine in hand, and looking out across a backdrop of mountains, forests, and volcanoes – a romantic rendezvous!
- Of course, cuisine plays an important role in the &Beyond Vira Vira experience. Their menu veers away from the typical international offerings by blending Chilean and ancient indigenous recipes, all created with the freshest seasonal ingredients. Each day the chef prepares a selection of freshly prepared courses, paired with the perfect wine for each dish.
- Romantic touches such as private dinners, bubble baths, wine and cheese tastings, outdoor barbeques and sipping on Champagne in a warm hot tub await.
- If you are here for in Winter, you will be awe-struck by the adventures on offer.
- Hit the slopes of the active Villarrica Volcano with skiing and snowboarding or slip on snowshoes and trek through pristine landscapes
- Race through the snow on an exhilarating adventure in a snowmobile or traverse the snow on a husky sledding expedition (These experiences come at an additional cost).
Day 9: Departure
- After your breakfast, you will be driven to Temuco Airport for your flight to Santiago and your international flight onwards.
- Your romantic journey comes to an end.
09 Days | From USD 7,320
- All nights of accommodation mentioned in the program
- Private transportation in Santiago
- Shared transportation in Pucon
- Tours and activities as mentioned in the program with private English speaking local guides
- Meals and drinks as indicated in the program
- National Park fees where applicable
- Taxes included, where applicable
What's not included
- International airfare / airport taxes
- Domestic airfares / airport taxes (quoted separately)
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Drinks not mentioned in the program
- Excess baggage
- Travel Insurance
- Visa or reciprocity fee expenses
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned in our proposal only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming