Food and wine
Your journey at a glance
Explore the magnificent landscapes of South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Botswana on this captivating 11-day itinerary.
Your journey traverses a rich diversity of regions, and takes you to the exquisite Sabi Sands Game Reserve, world famous for its spectacular leopard sightings and the magnificent Big Five. This wildlife sanctuary is arguably the most prestigious game reserve in South Africa. Experience the thundering cascade of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, before taking on some unforgettable adventures. Drop from above the lush foliage of the treetops on a canopy tour, delight in a scenic helicopter flight as you hover over the falls, countdown to your bungee leap into the Zambezi gorge, before riding the Zambezi rapids on a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure — the choices are endless. The tempo slows as you head to Botswana, and discover the myriad waterways, channels, and sparkling lagoons of the Okavango Delta. Spot the elegant red lechwe, and shy sitatunga, adapted for a life in and out of water. Witness the prolific wildlife of the area on game drives and guided bush walks. Your adventure culminates against the backdrop of Table Mountain in the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Cape Town.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- The Sabi Sand is the most prestigious reserve in South Africa, famous for its leopard sightings.
- Set in a peaceful riverine grove and embraced in a leafy canopy of giant ebony trees, Dulini’s six exquisite suites all offer private views of the Mabrak Riverbed.
- The six spacious suites boast plunge pools, outdoor showers and shady decks. Interiors epitomise romance with canopies of billowing mosquito nets and beautiful bathrooms.
- Enjoy a brisk workout in the well-equipped gym or relax on a welcoming sofa in the guest lounge.
- Enjoy bird watching from the lounge patio or the magnificent deck overlooking the Mabrak River.
- Dine under the ancient jackalberry tree or steal away for a romantic private dinner in your suite.
- Browse the African handicrafts in the safari shop.
- Fine wine and dining, enhanced by the culinary tradition of African flavours, complements the luxurious accommodation.
- Personal butlers attend to guests’ every wish, while surprise bush experiences in the form of bush dinners and breakfasts are designed to wow guests.
Day 4 - 6: Victoria Falls
- Head to Victoria Falls and be driven with fellow guests to Old Drift Lodge.
- Explore the sights of Victoria Falls during your 3-night stay at Old Drift Lodge in a Luxury Suite with ensuite bathroom.
- Activities include fascinating morning and afternoon game drives, and river safaris.
- Strap on your hiking boots and enjoy a nature walk, learning about the art of tracking and the intricate details of the bush.
- Take a guided tour of the magical Victoria Falls, and revel in the beauty of meandering through the lush rainforest until you witness the thundering tumble of cascading water.
- Revel in magnificent Zambezi River views as you dine on superb meals created from fresh local produce
- Embark on thrilling adventure activities including gorge swings and white water rafting
- Submerge yourself in a glorious outdoor bubble bath, and listen to the river gushing by as wildlife congregate on the marshy banks
Day 7 - 8: Okavango Delta
- Head to Botswana by road transfer arriving in Kasane, gateway to the famous Chobe National Park and the beautiful Chobe River. From there, fly to Chitabe airstrip followed by a game drive transfer from the airstrip to the lodge.
- Enjoy the beautiful views as you fly over mopane veld which soon reaches the breathtaking waterways of the Okavango Delta (Approximately 80 minutes).
- Reawaken your soul during your 2-night stay at andBeyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge in a Suite with indoor and outdoor shower.
- Activities twice-daily daily game drives and a walking safari
- Indulge in a full-day picnic with your guide, tracker and butler. Enjoy a morning of game viewing, take a siesta under the large jackalberry and fig trees. It is a magical experience.
Day 9 - 10: Cape Town
- Enjoy a short game drive back to Chitabe airstrip where a Mack Air light aircraft will be waiting to fly you and fellow guests to Maun. Savour the views of the sparkling lagoons and palm tree islands as you fly over this water wonderland for one last time. Connect with your international scheduled flight to Cape Town.
- As you drive toward the city of Cape Town, your view from afar will be Table Mountain, one of the most spiritual places on earth, with its heart, two oceans and the beautiful city of Cape Town at its feet.
- Explore the sights during your 2-night stay at One&Only Cape Town in a Marina Table Mountain Room with ensuite bathroom.
- Recommended activities (at additional cost): include a Table Mountain/Cape Point Tour and a Robben Island Tour
Day 11: Departure
A member from our andBeyond team will collect you at One&Only Cape Town and drive you to Cape Town International Airport, in time for your onward arrangements (Private transfer).
- Terminal Assistance
- Accommodation and inclusions as per itinerary
- All scheduled charter flight and road transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- One&Only Cape Town has a minimum of 4 night stay from 28 - 31 July 2022 and 15 December 2022 - 03 January 2023; minimum of 3 night stay between 02 -05 April 2022 (inclusive of both dates) and minimum 3 night stay required during Oil Week 2022, dates to be confirmed
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Additional activities are not include in the rate
- Single traveler supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Rates for Regional scheduled flight between Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport, Maun International Airport and Cape Town International Airport are subjected to change due to airport taxes
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, ROE, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control
- Rates exclude gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations
- &Beyond trading terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming