Your journey at a glance
Travel to the heart of an age-old desert, where the dunes are taller and the stars are brighter than you have ever imagined.
Among these vast ancient vistas a thousand tiny miracles play out each day, as fascinating desert animals and plants make dozens of unique adaptations that allow them to thrive in this arid environment.
Natural beauty on a grand scale stretches beneath impossibly blue African skies.
Stripped down to barest simplicity, the desert playground of Sossusvlei is the ideal place to reawaken your soul.
3 nights Namib Desert
04 Days | From NAD 43,355 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Our Treat – Guests staying at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge will receive one 45 minute scenic helicopter flight OR a hot air balloon safari per person per stay (not valid in July and August and weather dependent). Ballooning is also closed from 15 January to 15 February annually.
- Includes Soar over Sossusvlei Signature Offer (Not valid in July and August)
- Welcome and assistance service at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Scheduled light aircraft transfers on Fairy Circle Taxi and Tiras Taxi:
- Eros Airport / &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge / Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Road transfers:
- Hosea Kutako International Airport/ Eros Airport
- Transport to and from the lodge airstrip
- Twin / single accommodation
- Meals on full board basis
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Guided (1 morning Sossusvlei excursion, Living Dunes, Desert People, Desert Rock, Desert Drive, Big Dune Walk, Stargazing) and Self Exploration (E-biking and Hiking) all subject to availability.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Soar over Sossusvlei Signature offer included cannot be combined with any other offers and not available during July and August.
- Ballooning is not available 15 Jan to 15 Feb due to annual closure
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis
- 2020 Single Supplement:
- 11 Jan - 30 Apr and 1 Nov - 20 Dec: A single supplement of 50% is only charged from the third single room per booking o 1 May - 31 Oct and 21 Dec - 10 Jan '21: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Honeymoon Offer: Save 50% on one partner's accommodation o One partner pays full rate and the other partner pays 50% of accommodation rate for the whole stay. o May not be combined with other offers or long stay rates o Valid for travel within 6 months of date of marriage o Minimum 2 night stay
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- The scheduled flights to/from Windhoek are based on Fairy Circle Taxi and Tiras Taxi which has the following conditions:
- Fairy circle Taxi – Daily flight from Eros Airport in summer estimated departure is at 14h30
- Check-in at 14h00
- Departure and Arrival times from Eros Airport are fixed, but Scenic Air may change the sequence of lodges around as per passenger bookings
- Tira Taxi – Daily flight from Sossusvlei Area in summer estimated departure is at 12h00
- Quad bike excursions are regrettably not available for children under the age of sixteen
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in Namibia
- Rates are subject to change
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-4: Namib Desert
- On arrival at Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek, you will be warmly welcomed by an &Beyond representative, who will assist you with check-in for a light aircraft flight to Sossusvlei
- Set off on a guided walk through the desert, stopping to admire the tiny miracles of nature that make up the unique plants and wildlife of this arid yet beautiful region
- Set out on a quad bike adventure trail through the Namib dunes, gliding across the smooth, silk-like texture of the tawny desert sand, in sharp contrast to the bright, cerulean sky above, and the russet, rugged mountain ranges of the Namib escarpment in the distance.
- An incredible half-day adventure will take guests across the awe-inspiring sand dunes of Sossusvlei, largely known as one of the Namib Desert’s most scenic and spine-tingling attractions. A breathless climb to the top of the massive ‘Big Daddy,’ the tallest dune in the Sossusvlei area, at 325 metres, rewards adventurers with a spectacular view over the peaks and troughs of the sand sea, down to Deadvlei. End the spectacular day off with a daring run down the vertical slopes and steep sand dunes, with the wind enlivening your hair and caressing your glee filled face.
- Exceptional stargazing, with a highly sophisticated telescope and professional astronomer
- Specially adapted desert wildlife – oryx, springbok, Burchell’s zebra and the endemic Hartmann’s mountain zebra, bat-eared foxes, as well as a variety of insects and lizards
Day 4: Departure
- Enjoy breakfast and perhaps a morning activity before your light aircraft flight back to Windhoek