Your journey at a glance
This 7-day journey offers a wonderful showcase of Ecuador’s cultural and natural attractions.
Enjoy a full-day city tour of historic Quito, the world’s second highest capital; stopping to view highlights such as the Independence Square and San Francisco Church. Indulge in a wonderful chocolate tasting at the Galeria Ecuador and make your own chocolate truffles.
Discover “the middle of the world” at the Equatorial Monument. Join a chef, who will teach you to make Ecuadorian delights such as ceviche and the country’s famous helado de Paila.
The second leg of your adventure takes you to the sought-after attractions of the Galapagos.
Step onto a yacht for a series of island hopping adventures.
Snorkel amongst penguins, view the region’s incredible volcanic formations, hike along scenic nature trails, meet giant tortoises and so much more!
07 Days | From USD 11,435
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- All nights of accommodation mentioned in the program
- Private transportation in the best available vehicles in each city
- Private English speaking local guide in Quito
- Naturalist English speaking guide in Galapagos in sharing basis
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Daily excursions according to the itinerary in sharing basis
- Private transfers in Galapagos upon arrival and departure
- Entrance tickets to enter in Galapagos and all sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Migratory Card
- VIP Lounge in/out Baltra airport
- Taxes included, where applicable
- Air tickets Quito / Galápagos / Quito
What's not included
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Drinks in Quito
- Excess of baggage
- Itinerary based on a minimum of 2 guests
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Rates are not valid over the festive season from 20 December 2021 – 05 January 2022
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in Ecuador
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Quito
- Situated in a circle of Andean peaks, Quito is the world’s second highest capital, with arguably one of the finest settings in the world. Originally settled by the Quitu tribe in the first millennium, Quito was an important part of the Incan Empire, before being destroyed and re-founded by Spanish conquistador Sebastián de Benalcázar in 1534. The colonial centre – declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1978 – is one of the largest and best preserved in Latin America. It is home to excellent museums, churches and art galleries
- Embark on a fascinating tour of the city. Your adventure begins downtown, passing through the modern section of Quito, towards the city’s historic district. Take in the atmosphere of the Independence Square, flanked by the Presidential Palace, the Cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace and City Hall. Stroll past the El Sagrario Church and marvel at the exquisite stone facade of La Compañía Church. Visit the San Francisco Church, built over the ruins of an Inca palace in the 16th century. Ride up the road to the Panecillo or the Itchimbia hills for a breathtaking view of Quito
- During your tour, you will have the opportunity to indulge in a wonderful chocolate tasting at the Galeria Ecuador, whilst learning about the cultivation of cacao plants. This adventure is fun for the whole family as the Galeria boasts an interactive game that allows you to practice sowing, growing and cultivating the cacao plant. You will also have the opportunity to make your own chocolate truffles. Under the guidance of an expert, use an array of different ingredients such as cinnamon, salt from Cusco, chocolate nibs, nuts and cacao, to create a mouth-watering morsel
- After your tantalizing foray into all things chocolate, you will be driven to the Cafe Plaza Grande where you will have another opportunity to delve into Ecuador’s scrumptious food traditions by participating in a cooking class. Learn how to prepare ceviche and the country’s famous helado de Paila (an ice cream made with fresh fruits)
- After savouring a delicious lunch, your adventure will continue to the Equatorial Monument, situated “in the middle of the world”. The monument was built as a tribute to French scientists who determined the shape of the earth in the 1700s. Nearby, visit the Ethnographic Museum, which showcases various elements attributed to Ecuador’s different ethnic groups, or visit the Intiñan interactive museum, which shows the different Incan theories of determining the middle of the world
Day 4: Galapagos Islands
- Explore the Galapagos by yacht. Hop aboard the Pikaia I Yacht, where you will be assigned a private cabin. A tasty breakfast will be served on board before you set off for North Seymour Island. The island offers a wealth of attractions and is home to an abundance of fauna and flora. View the blue-footed booby and frigates, marine life such as turtles, sea lions and iguanas, and visit the Palo Santo (Holy Wood) forest. Explore the island along a hiking trail or take to the sea for a snorkelling adventure
- After topping up your energy levels with an authentic Ecuadorian buffet lunch, you will head off to Bachas Beach Island. Walk along the white sands of Bachas Beach, discover nearby lava lagoons and revel in the opportunity to see Pacific green sea turtles, flamingo, lava gulls and Sally light foot crabs
Day 5: Galapagos Islands
Join a group of a maximum of 16 people for the land tour and two or three activities will be chosen from the list below.
- Los Gemelos Sinkholes and Scalesia Forest
- Giant tortoises farm in Rancho Chato II
- Volcanic craters and giant tortoises at Cerro Mesa
- Lava tunnels
- Tortuga Bay Beach
- Charles Darwin Scientific Research Centre
- Garrapatero Beach
Day 6: Galapagos Islands
- Bartolome Island is the most recognized, visited and most photographed of the Galapagos Islands. It is famous for Pinnacle Rock, a towering spear-headed obelisk jutting out of the ocean – arguably the best known landmark throughout the entire Galapagos National Park
- Upon landing on the island, you will climb more than 300 stairs to the summit of Bartolome, where you will find, what has been hailed, the most beautiful views in archipelago. Marvel at Pinnacle Rock, with its backdrop of Santiago Island, and view pink and white sand beaches. Once back on the beach, take to the water for an incredible snorkelling excursion. Swim amongst Galapagos penguins, view white tip and Galapagos sharks, rays, sea lions, green turtles and a variety of tropical fish
- Continue to Sullivan Bay, a site of great geological interest. It is located at the south-east side of the Santiago Island. The area is covered by solidified, wave-shaped lava flows. Disembark for a guided walk that showcases the fascinating effects of volcanic activity. Find the moulds of trees, and in the surroundings of the volcano, view the region’s incredible vegetation. The lava at Sullivan Bay is known as Panoehoe, which is Hawaiian for string. This is due to the fact that when the lava cools down after an eruption over surface materials, it causes them to join – creating the shape of a string or a rope
Day 7: Departure
- You will be transferred to Baltra Island Airport for your flight to Quito, via Guayaquil
- We wave a fond farewell as you are collected for your homeward flight
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming