Your journey at a glance
Embark on this exciting 11-day itinerary that explores the glorious landscapes of southern Chile, including various destinations that are well off the beaten track.
Once you cross the Bío-Bío River, the spectacular Lake District begins some 500 km (310 miles) south of the Chilean capital of Santiago. From this point on, temperatures are lower, the air more humid, and snow-capped volcanoes and ancient forests drape the landscape.
However, this region is not only about nature, but there are also significant cultural attributes that make this terrain really interesting. The Mapuche Indians form Chile’s largest ethnic group, and it was in this area that they fiercely defended their land against the Incas and the Spanish, proving themselves courageous and daunting opponents. Neither empire advanced beyond this area, such was their resilience. German settlers arrived to the region in the 19th Century, and their stamp is particularly visible in-and-around Puerto Varas. Marvel at Chile’s natural and cultural wonders while traversing this breathtaking region.
11 Days | USD 12,625
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Welcome and assistance service at all airports
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary
- All transport as mentioned
- Domestic air tickets
- Administration fees – where applicable
What's not included
- International airfare/airport taxes
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess baggage
- Visa or reciprocity fee expenses. Please check your nearest embassy
- Itinerary based on a minimum of 2 guests
- Rates are valid from 5th Jan - 30th Apr and 1st Oct - 20th Dec 2021
- Should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Rates are not valid over the festive season from 21 December 2021– 15 January 2022
- &Beyond Vira Vira will be closed in May & June, so travel to the lodge on this tour during this time will not be possible
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in Chile
- &Beyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Santiago
- On arrival at Santiago’s International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the andBeyond team, who will assist you through passport control & baggage claim. You will then be driven to your hotel.
- Situated within the exclusive El Golf neighbourhood, the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Santiago is one of Chile’s top luxury hotels. Flanked by some of the country’s most spectacular landscapes, this exceptional retreat is ideally situated to offer traveller’s easy access to an assortment of the region’s much sought-after attractions.
Day 2-5: Chiloe Island
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Santiago airport in order to board your domestic flight to Puerto Montt. On your arrival, a representative of Tierra Chiloe will drive you to the hotel located in Chiloé Island.
- The spectacular Tierra Chiloe is tucked away amidst the breath-taking surrounds of the Chiloe Archipelago, in Chile’s northern Patagonia region. Here, on an island surrounded by azure waters and charming picturesque fishing villages, guests can take in the world-class architecture of the hotel that combines traditional Chiloé craftsmanship with modern designs.
- Embark on a series of tailor-made adventures, which include cultural excursions, horseback riding, biking and hiking, in the company of bilingual guides. Each adventure is limited to a maximum of eight guests per guide ensuring you get the most out of your experience.
- Tierra Chiloé also own its own luxurious boat, the Williche, which offers guests a wonderful opportunity to explore the inland waters.
Day 5-8: Southern Lake District
- Today, after breakfast, you will be transfered to Mari Mari Hotel in the Southern Lake District
- With its idyllic setting of 9,000 acres of lush terrain and some 13 miles of Pacific coastline, Mari Mari Natural Reserve is South America’s premier luxury eco-resort. This spectacular natural paradise is the setting for explorations on land or at sea, on foot or horseback, by kayak or boat, with binoculars or snorkels, while providing the creature comforts and exquisite cuisine expected of a five-star resort
- Activities at Mari Mari Natural Reserve strike the perfect balance between nature and cultural-based options. Expert guides possess a deep knowledge of this unique eco-system and they will be on-hand to discuss all available options and curate the experience that best suits your “nature.”
Day 8 - 11: Lake District
- After breakfast, you will be transfered to andBeyond Vira Vira, located close to Pucón in the northern Chilean Lake District
- Generally considered as the adventure capital of Chile, the area around Pucón offers a myriad of outdoor activities.
- Be spoilt for choice with myriad adventures hosted by knowledgeable and engaging guides at &Beyond Vira Vira, including horseback riding, trekking, fly fishing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, skiing, and scenic helicopter flights. The list is seemingly endless with fly fishing, mountain biking, and a variety of water sports. All excursions are specifically tailored according to your interests and fitness levels
- Dine on sublime cuisine with the ‘farm-to-table’ concept of producing everything required for the award-winning restaurant at &Beyond Vira Vira
- Gain insight into the fascinating local Mapuche people
- Gaze up at the magnificent blanket of stars whilst relaxing in one of the two lodge hot tubs, enjoy wellness retreats, therapies and massages in the spa, and balance your chakras with daily yoga classes
- Curl up with a good book in the library, and for a spot of retail therapy, peruse beautiful items in the Signature Shop
Day 11: Departure
- Today, we wave a fond farewell as you are collected after breakfast and transferred to Temuco Airport for your flight to Santiago International Airport
- Upon landing, an andBeyond representative will be waiting to assist you with the connection to your international flight onwards
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming