Your journey at a glance
Be captivated on this 8-day itinerary that takes you to the jungles of India to meet the characters of The Jungle Book in real life, from the mighty tiger, Shere Khan to Baloo the sloth bear and Mowgli’s adopted wolf pack.
Your journey begins in Delhi, where you can immerse yourself in this culturally rich hubbub. A fascinating tour of the Chandni Chowk marketplace entices you to taste delicious street food and peruse colourful stalls laden with bejewelled saris, fresh produce and handcrafted items. Discover the historic highlights of Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb, famous landmarks in this bustling city.
You will be whisked away to the renowned tiger sanctuary of the Kanha National Park, boasting the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species. Prime tiger wilderness, this Park was one of the first areas to be protected under Project Tiger, aimed at preserving this magnificent animal. Explore the beautiful Pench National Park set in a flourishing teak jungle, home to various deer species, tiger and leopard. A spectacular natural reserve, this Park offers a quiet and secluded game viewing experience.
This adventure is ideal for cultural and wildlife enthusiasts, spectacularly showcasing India’s iconic wildlife and unique cultural heritage.
08 Days, 07 Nights | From USD 7,000 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation in a double room
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips in air-conditioned Toyota Innovas
- Flights tickets Delhi – Raipur, Nagpur – Mumbai in economy class
- Travel journal
- Mineral water during sightseeing and overland trips
- All current taxes
- Accommodation on a sharing basis
- Park fees
- Photographic fees (non-professional)
- Services of English-speaking naturalist
- Forest guide fees
- Three meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Teas and coffees
- Scheduled morning and evening safari activities
- Refreshments on game drives
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Any international airfares / airport taxes
- Any changes in tax structure resulting from a hike in published tariffs
- Items of a personal nature, such as tips, laundry, phone calls, etc
- Any video / still camera fee at monuments and places of interest
- Any other items not explicitly mentioned as included
- Any insurance
- Telephone calls
- Safari Shop purchases
- Champagne, cognacs, premium brand spirits, fine wines and cigars
- Any additional taxes and levies
- Telephone calls
- The rate is valid from 05 Jan 2020 - 15 April 2020
- Hotel Check-In time 14:00, Check-out time 12:00
- Wednesday – Only morning game drive in national park, as park will be closed for an afternoon game drive as per new rule by park authority.
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- Please note that game drives are not possible in the national parks in Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday afternoons, as per park regulations. Optional activities are offered to our guests at the lodges, which they can decide on in consultation with the Lodge Manager on arrival.
- Game drives are based on current national park costs and policies. Please note that the Forestry Department occasionally introduces new rules and fees with very little warning and at short notice.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- andBeyond trading terms apply.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Delhi
- Explore Delhi, and take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk, once the grandest of markets in India.
- Explore the Spice Market in Old Delhi which has been in operation since the 17th century.
- Visit the Jama Masjid, the principal mosque of the region, commisioned by Shah Jahan in 1644.
- Stop at Agrasen ki Baoli, an ancient ‘haunted’ stepwell which is a protected monument.
- Discover Rajpath, previously known as the Kings Way, flanked on either side by ornamental ponds.
- Drive past Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential House) – the official residence of the President.
- Stop at the India Gate for photographs, the 42 metre stone arch.
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb, a complex of buildings that were built to house his body.
- End your day with a stop at the Qutub Minar, a 72.5-meter tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret.
Day 2-5: Kanha National Park
- Move on to Kanha National Park, one of the first areas to be protected under Project Tiger, aimed at preserving this magnificent animal.
- Kanha is one of India’s largest parks and conservation successes. It is considered the jewel in the crown of the country’s network of almost 700 protected areas.
- Explore the sal and bamboo forests of Kanha on twice-daily game drives accompanied by a trained naturalist, who will point out and explain details about the fascinating animals and plants of the jungle.
- Spend three nights at Banjaar Tola Tented Camp, in a luxury tent. Your stay is on a full board basis and includes scheduled shared game drives.
Day 5-8: Pench National Park
- Head to Pench National Park, a spectacular natural reserve set in a typical teak jungle, offering a quiet and secluded game viewing experience and supports a rich variety of wildlife. Here, you will have the opportunity to explore the jungle on morning and afternoon game drives, in an open 4×4 safari vehicle, accompanied by a trained naturalist.
- Spend three nights at Baghvan, A Taj Safari Lodge. Your stay is on a full board basis, including scheduled game drives in a shared vehicle.
- Explore the dense jungles of Pench National Park on early morning and afternoon game drives in an open 4×4 safari vehicle.
Day 8: Departure
Say goodbye to Mowgli and his friends before you are chauffeured to Nagpur Airport, approximately 2½ hours’ drive, to board your flight to Mumbai and onward for your international return flight home.