Your journey at a glance
Explore mist-covered mountain slopes in search of enchanted moments spend watching the intricate interaction of families of mountain gorilla.
Encounter these fascinating primates in the heart of the World Heritage Site known as the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Track the groups of mountain gorilla that live protected by this dense network of vines and shrubs, rewarded by exhilarating moments as you get to view their complex social structure at work.
Traverse dense thickets and bamboo forests that extend over a series of steep ridges and marvel at the ecological uniqueness and natural beauty of this secluded mountain haven.
1 night Entebbe | 3 nights Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
5 Days | From USD 4,200 per person
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary
- Meet and Greet at Entebbe Airport
- Amref Flying Doctors emergency evacuation
- Scheduled flights, inclusive of airport taxes where applicable, as specified in the itinerary
- This includes hand luggage. Extra luggage will incur a charge of $3 per kg, per sector, to be paid directly to the airline upon check-in
- All ground transportation and transfers as indicated, which are inclusive of fuel
- Activities as stipulated in the itinerary
- Park, ranger guide, conservation fees
- Community bed night fees
- Scheduled Light Aircraft flights
- Road Transfers
- All applicable taxes and administration fees
- Gorilla is subject to availability of permits, which are limited to 8 per Gorilla family per day
- Development Board in advance of payment – they are only secured once physically paid for. We can check availability of permits but we cannot hold them
- We will invoice for the permits, and as soon as the funds clear in our account, we will go ahead and purchase
- Gorilla permits are always 100% non-transferable and non-refundable
- There is a minimum age limit for gorilla tracking of 15 years (no exceptions)
- In Uganda, please be advised that if clients are staying at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge, we shall endeavour to buy Nkuringo Gorilla group permits – the Nkuringo group tracking start point is close to the Lodge.
- If at the time of booking, Nkuringo group permits are not available, we shall secure permits from the Rushaga group (encompassing the Nshongi, Mishaya, Busingye, Kahungye and Bweza Families) which is a 45 – 60-minute drive from Clouds
- There is an additional cost of approximately $188 (per vehicle) which transfers guests to the tracking start point, waits and returns them to the Lodge
What's not included
- International flights and applicable airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees
- The Government of Uganda has introduced an online visa application system. Guests intending to visit Uganda for tourism-purposes are required to apply and obtain a visa online: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/.
- We have a separate document detailing more information on how-to apply – please advise us if you need this. Single entry tourist visas are available at a cost of $50 (reduced from $100 on 22 July 2016), and East African tourist visas (between Uganda | Rwanda | Kenya) are available at a cost of $100
- All health vaccinations and medications, including, but not limited to:
- Yellow Fever vaccinations are currently compulsory for entry into Uganda. All those entering Uganda must be in possession of a valid and original Yellow Fever vaccination card
- International flights and associated airport departure taxes
- Meals not specified (including lunch and other meal stops between properties on overland sectors)
- Drinks where not stipulated in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry in Kampala / Entebbe
- Gratuities for guides / drivers / hotel staff etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellations or other inconveniences beyond our control
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- Travel / medical insurance
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Entebbe
Upon arrival at Entebbe Airport you will be met by a representative who will transfer you by road to The Boma Hotel.
Uganda’s steady economic growth is visible on the modern streets of Kampala, the country’s eclectic capital, with its melting-pot of restaurants, entertainment venues and upmarket hotels. Located on the wetlands that once made up the favourite hunting grounds of King Mutesa I, the city is famed for its seven beautiful hills. It is also home to the palace of the King of the 13th century kingdom of Buganda, as well as magnificent tombs, mosques and cathedrals. The vibrant little town of Entebbe links the capital to the international airport on the shores of Lake Victoria. Boasting a selection of small, comfortable accommodations and a tranquil, friendly atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to stop over en route to or from a Ugandan safari.
The Boma is located 10 minutes from Entebbe Airport. It is a combination of modern comforts and charm of character from the 1940’s. All rooms are individually decorated in a mixture of African and European décor and reflect the colonial architecture. Facilities available include bar and restaurant, swimming pool, beach area and Internet. The Boma is a long-standing favourite stopover of many visitors to Uganda.
Spend one night at The Boma Hotel in an ensuite garden room. Your stay includes breakfast.
Day 2-5: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Take a scheduled flight from Entebbe Airport to Bwindi.
- Trek into the forest to spend time with a Mountain gorilla family of Bwindi. Roughly half of the world’s total gorilla population live in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- The walking can sometimes be tough and long, but when you catch a glimpse of a magnificent silverback and his family, your journey will be well worth the effort. When sighted, visitors will be guided to within six meters of the gorillas. You are allowed an hour with the gorillas before returning to the base station.
- Grab your birding guide and binoculars for a fantastic birdwatching foray through the ancient rainforest. The park is home to an impressive 350 species, of which many you will delight in ticking off your list on this 2-3 hour excursion that is hosted by a knowledgeable guide.
- Take a 3-hour journey of discovery,along a winding trail framed by exotic, emerald vegetation, to witness the sparkling spectacle of the Munyaga Waterfall.
- Strap on your hiking boots for this full-day adventure as it kick-starts with a 3-hour hike through the forest to a Batwa settlement. Known as the “Keepers of the Forest” the enchanting Batwa pygmies of the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park are a hunter-gatherer tribe that has lived side-by-side with the wildlife of this ancient park for thousands of years.
- At this Batwa homestead observe how the women prepare, cook and serve a meal. Engage with medicine men and learn about the medicinal properties of the lush forest flora.
Day 5: Entebbe
After a scrumptious breakfast you will be transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled light aircraft flight to Entebbe. Upon arrival in Entebbe Airport you will be transferred to your international flight.