Your journey at a glance
There are some experiences that are simply so extraordinary that they become iconic – places that you can’t imagine not visiting when traveling to a certain region, where coming back always feels like coming home.
We are honored that, for many of you, some of our lodges and camps in East Africa have become places just like these, recognized as the best by the world’s most discerning travelers, year after year.
Motivated by your feedback, we have put together your most loved East Africa safari, featuring all those perennial &Beyond favorites that regularly appear in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards.
Traversing Kenya and Tanzania’s best known safari landscapes, this is the African adventure that our guests come back to over and over again, whether to catch the thundering herds of East Africa’s spectacular Great Migration or to enjoy the wealth of resident wildlife and the magnificent scenery throughout the remainder of the year.
1 night Nairobi | 2 nights Masai Mara National Reserve | 2 nights Serengeti National Park, Western Serengeti | 2 nights Serengeti, Klein’s Concession | 2 nights Serengeti National Park, Serengeti Under Canvas | 2 nights Ngorongoro Crater
12 Days | From USD 10,480
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- VIP Meet & Greet at Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- Meals, drinks and laundry as specified
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International / Giraffe Manor or Hemingways Nairobi / Nairobi Wilson Airport
- Manyara Airstrip / &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge / Manyara Airstrip
- All scheduled flights:
- Nairobi Wilson Airport / Mara Kichwa Airstrip / Nairobi Wilson Airport
- Nairobi Wilson Airport / Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport / Serengeti Lobo Airstrip
- Serengeti Lobo Airstrip / &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas
- &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas / Manyara Airstrip
- Manyara Airstrip / Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- National Park Fees / Camping Fees / Concession Fees / Crater Fees
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Administration Fee
What's not included
- Meals, drinks and laundry not specified in the itinerary or as outlined in the Includes
- Premium brand drinks, champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified in the itinerary
- Flights and transfers not specified in the itinerary
- National parks and concession fees not specified in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Please note: Tanzania has recently increased their Tourism Development levy and this difference in price has not been included into our current itineraries, however, we are currently amending and will update our costing soonest.
- Giraffe Manor closed between 11 April - 20 April 2021
- Rates are per person sharing per stay.
- Single traveller supplement and Child Rates will be quoted on request.
- A group supplement may apply to bookings for more than 12 guests.
- &Beyond may need to pass on flight cancellation or amendment costs in the event of cancellation or change in travel dates. No credits are permitted for flights not used.
- Should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The Fly Me Around East Africa offer is only valid for seven nights’ accommodation and costed on the Tanzania safari portion as the offer excludes &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote.
- Certain activities may only apply at specific properties.
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Nairobi
- On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will drive you to your hotel in vibrant Nairobi
- Visits to Nairobi National Museum and an informative excursion to the Karen Blixen Museum are not to be missed
- Surrounded by vast acres of indigenous forest, the elegant Giraffe Manor is famous for its resident herd of giraffe, which casually wander around the hotel grounds. Beautifully furnished rooms include comfortable four-poster beds and well-appointed bathrooms
Day 2-3: Masai Mara
- You will be driven to Wilson Airport, where you will board a flight to Kichwa Airstrip in the Masai Mara. On arrival, you will be welcomed by a member of the team from &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp, who will drive you to the camp.
- Experience the beauty of the Masai Mara on a hot air balloon flight. Take off at dawn and float in whichever direction the morning winds take you. The flight lasts about an hour and is followed by champagne and a full English breakfast.
- Game drives in the Masai Mara are unforgettable due to the abundance of wildlife and the spectacular landscapes. These may last from a couple of hours to the whole day, with a picnic breakfast and lunch
Day 4-5: Northern Serengeti, &Beyond Klein's Camp
- Depart the Masai Mara on a flight to Migori Airstrip, where you be welcomed and driven to Tarime, where you will cross the border into Tanzania to board another flight to the Serengeti National Park
- Escape the crowds on this private concession with access to the Serengeti. This strategic wildlife sanctuary borders the Serengeti, with wildlife moving through these areas. With only &Beyond vehicles on sightings, sensitive off-road driving, enables us to get closer to the game.
- For those looking for an active thrill beyond the excitement of Big Five sightings on a game drive vehicle, a guided bush walk offers an opportunity to connect with the African bush, learning about its fascinating fauna and flora.
- Add another dimension to your daily game drives and enter the world of Africa’s nocturnal predators on a thrilling night drive.
Day 6-7: Northern Serengeti, &Beyond Klein's Camp
- Board a flight to Lobo Airstrip where you will be collected for a scenic game drive to &Beyond Klein’s Camp
- &Beyond Klein’s Camp is situated on a private concession on the edge of the Serengeti National Park, where night drives and bush walks allow guests to explore the nocturnal world of the predators or to get an intimate glimpse into the details of the African bush
- We offer twice-daily game drives on the concession, with sunrise and sundowner stops. &Beyond’s professionally trained guides will ask you about your favourite wildlife and will do their very best to ensure that your preferences are met, whether it’s tracking a particular species or spending more time enjoying each sighting and getting to know the habits of each animal. The guides will also tell you about the vegetation of the region and will explain the behaviour of the animals that you come across.
- Go on a nature walk which allows you to experience Africa on foot, free from the constraints of roads and vehicles. Watch birds, explore a dry river bed, walk in the footsteps of zebra or giraffe, sit in stillness in the shade of an ancient tree, unravel the stories behind animal tracks or simply stretch your legs
Day 8-9: Serengeti National Park, &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas
- Drive back to the airstrip for a flight to &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas
- The luxurious tented camps of &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas move around the park year-round, attempting to anticipate the movements of the Great Migration and exploring the remote and beautiful corners of the Serengeti with excellent resident game
- Go on a game drive, game drives are tailored to suit your preference, with a choice between shorter, twice-daily drives or one full-day game drive, with a stop for a picnic lunch. The game drives are carefully planned to anticipate the progress of the Great Migration, so you should not have to travel too far to see the vast herds. However, if the Migration has moved off, or the dramatic river crossings are in progress, you may choose to spend more time on the vehicle in order to maximise your chances of seeing this incredible phenomenon.
Day 10-11: The Ngorongoro Crater in Northern Tanzania
- Take a scheduled flight to Manyara Airstrip where you will be welcomed by a member of the &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge team, who will drive you to the lodge
- The Ngorongoro Crater in Northern Tanzania, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world. Some maintain that before it erupted, it would have been higher than Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa.
- Go on a game drive to search for endangered black rhino, giant tusked elephants wander the forests, big-maned lions and flamingos which seasonally crowd the soda lakes. An estimated 25 000 large mammals are resident in this bowl of plenty, including a population of approximately 6 000 resident wildebeest, 16 highly endangered black rhino and around 70 lions. Cheetah move in and out of the Crater, while leopard are most often encountered in the spectacular Lerai Forest.
- Book a Crater Floor Banquet, a gourmet feast served in one of the most unique settings in Africa. Descend into the scenic landscape of the Ngorongoro Crater and enjoy the incredible density of wildlife before making your way to a private picnic spot on the Crater floor
Day 12: Departure
Today, we wave a fond farewell. After a scrumptious breakfast, you will be collected for your flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport from Lake Manyara Aistrrip, where you will board your flight home
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming