Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in this spectacular 10-day itinerary that explores the charming culture of Quito and the breathtaking beauty of the Galápagos Islands.
Your journey begins in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Quito, the charming capital of Ecuador perched high in the Andes. Meander through the exquisite Old Town, a treasure trove of museums, churches, monuments, plazas and lush parks. Indulge your sweet spot with decadent chocolate tastings, stroll on forested trails with spectacular volcano and valley views and treat yourself to beautifully crafted handcrafts, ponchos, ceramics and artisan chocolate at bustling markets.
The next leg of your journey takes you to the ‘living laboratory’ of the Galápagos Islands. Made famous by Charles Darwin the marine life and spectacular landscape are like nothing else on earth. 19 islands that resemble moonlike terrain, interspersed with rugged vegetation are home to pristine beaches and flourishing populations of marine iguanas, sea lions, giant tortoises and an exceptional array of birds such as the blue-footed booby, frigate bird and the flightless cormorant.
A mecca for wildlife and nature enthusiasts, this journey is utterly awe-inspiring and definitely a bucket list experience that you won’t ever forget.
10 Days | From USD 11,360 per person
- All nights of accommodation mentioned in the program
- Private transportation in the best available vehicles in each city
- Private English speaking local guides in Quito.
- Naturalist Bilingual Guide in Galapagos for each excursion in sharing basis
- Daily excursions in Galapagos according to the itinerary in sharing basis
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Domestic Flight Quito / Galapagos / Guayaquil – Economy Class
- Taxes included, where applicable
What's not included
- International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Entrance tickets to Galapagos Islands USD 100.00 per person
- Migratory Cards to enter in Galapagos USD 20.00 per person
- Early check in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Tipping, Drinks, Excess of baggage, Insurance
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- Itinerary based on a minimum of 2 people traveling together
- 2020 rates valid from 15 January to 15 December 2020
- Validity periods are as specified above.
- The rates quoted are subject to change.
- Airfare is subject to change until tickets are issued.
- Hotel confirmation subject to current availability.
- This itinerary has been carefully designed to give you a taste of the exciting, endless possibilities and can be tailored to suit your exact preferences.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Rates are subject to change.
- Our high season typically covers travel between July and September as well as Christmas, New Years and Easter.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Quito
- Upon arrival in Quito, you will be welcomed by your &Beyond representative and driven to your hotel.
- Situated in a circle of Andean peaks and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is home to excellent museums, churches and art galleries.
- Embark on a fascinating tour of the city starting downtown, and passing through the modern section of Quito, towards the city’s historic district. Take in the atmosphere of the Independence Square, flanked by the Presidential Palace, the Cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace and City Hall. Stroll past the El Sagrario Church and marvel at the exquisite stone facade of La Compañía Church. Visit the San Francisco Church, built over the ruins of an Inca palace in the 16th century.
- Indulge in a wonderful chocolate tasting at the Galeria Ecuador, whilst learning about the cultivation of cacao plants and delight in the opportunity to make your own chocolate truffles.
- After your tantalizing foray into all things chocolate, you will be driven to the Cafe Plaza Grande where you will have another opportunity to delve into Ecuador’s scrumptious food traditions by participating in a cooking class.
- After savouring a delicious lunch, your adventure will continue to the Equatorial Monument, situated “in the middle of the world”. The monument was built as a tribute to French scientists who determined the shape of the earth in the 1700s. Nearby, visit the Ethnographic Museum, which showcases various elements attributed to Ecuador’s different ethnic groups.
Day 3-5: Galápagos Islands
- After breakfast you will be picked up and driven to the airport for your domestic flight to the Galápagos Islands
- Upon arrival at the airport on Baltra Island, you will be driven to the dock to board the luxurious Integrity Yacht
- Delve into incredible beauty and adventures during your exploration of the islands of:
- Santa Cruz Island featuring the world-renowned giant tortoises in their wild habitat. Look for Darwin’s finches, particularly the famous woodpecker finch. Explore the Charles Darwin Research Station and learn first-hand unique conservation and research efforts on the various islands
- Española Island where you stroll along a magnificent white sandy beach at Gardner Bay. Here sea lions lounge, marine turtles nest, and the curious Española mockingbirds follow your every footstep. Take a swim or snorkel in the company of schools of colourful fish, turtles, sea lions, and possibly small sharks along the underwater cliffs. Be dazzled by the cliff views of Punta Suárez, one of the Galapagos’ most famed sites. Kaleidescopic marine iguanas and the largest lava lizards of Galápagos frequent the coastline and rest on the trail
- San Cristobal Island with the olive green beach of Punta Pitt is a delightful area brimming with hardy vegetation of saltbush and spiny shrubs, Palo Santo trees and big yellow-green shrubs. Nesting in this lush environment are barking sea lions, red-footed, blue-footed and Nazca booby’s and two species of frigate birds. Take a short panga ride along the cliffs of Cerro Brujo followed by a visit to a lovely coral sand beach, frequented by waders and migrant birds. Enjoy a cruise around the base of dramatic Kicker Rock, a vertical tuff cone. The orange glow on the rock at sunset is one of the more dramatic sights in all of Galápagos
Day 6-9: Galápagos Islands
- Explore unique wildlife and breathtaking landscapes when you visit these spectacular islands:
- Santa Fé Island is a pristine white beach usually covered with sea lions. Walk into a giant Opuntia cactus grove and observe endemic land iguanas. The land visit will be followed by snorkelling and/or kayaking in the turquoise waters of the bay, full of sea lions, rays, urchins, eels and colourful fish
- South Plaza Island is a small island where terrestrial and marine species interact more than on the larger islands, and the occasional hybrid iguana (land and marine) with its “zebra-like” stripes can often be observed
- Genovesa Island found on the north side of Darwin Bay was formed by the rim of a sunken crater. Red mangroves along the hiking trail provide habitat for yellow warblers, yellow-crowned night herons, and pintail ducks. The highlight of this site is the incredible abundance of red-footed Boobies, great frigate birds, swallow-tailed gulls and yellow-crowned night herons. Climb Prince Phillip’s Steps, the ‘Stairway to Seabird Heaven’ and meander through the extraordinary Palo Santo forest on the way to a lava ridge
- Santiago Island where you can walk across a recent lava flow at Sullivan bay and view its beautiful structural characteristics
- Bartolomé Islands is arguably the most recognised landmark in Galápagos, where Pinnacle Rock juts straight out of Bartolomé’s northern bay. Snorkelling in the bay provides a captivating opportunity to swim with Galápagos penguins. Climbing to the top of the island provides spectacular views of Pinnacle Rock, Santiago Island, and Daphne Major and Minor
- Rabida Island where wading birds and ghost crabs dot the sand and a short trail inland provides a chance to observe finches, Galápagos Doves, Yellow Warblers and mockingbirds
- Sombrero Chino Island provides one of our best opportunities to see Galápagos Penguins. A panga ride in search of wildlife is followed by a snorkel that often includes sharks, sea lions, penguins and rays
Day 10: Departure
- After a delicious breakfast, disembark at Baltra Island for your flight to Guayaquil
- Wave a fond farewell as you board your international flight onward