Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in the rugged beauty and lush wilderness of Botswana on this captivating 11-day itinerary.
Explore the vast beauty of Botswana’s famous Chobe National Park. Boasting the biggest concentration of wildlife in Africa enjoy adventures including exceptional game drives, private river cruises, excellent birdwatching and breathtaking photographic opportunities.
The next leg of your journey takes you to the pristine Okavango Delta. Known as “the river that never finds the sea”, crystal clear channels spread over the thirstlands of the Kalahari with their papyrus-fringed banks and fertile floating islands. Keep your camera ready for sightings of elegant red lechwe and shy sitatunga that are found in this watery wilderness. Marvel at lion, cheetah, leopard and African wild dog that share the floodplains with large herds of elephant and buffalo.
Your journey culminates at the iconic Makgadikgadi Pans, stark and hypnotic, this is the closest thing on the earth to the rugged surface of the moon. Enjoy game drives passing herds of springbok, gemsbok, and red hartebeest, and at night, brush by packs of brown hyena, bat eared foxes and the elusive black-maned Kalahari lion. This is the ultimate safari in Botswana highlighting iconic wildlife and mesmerising landscapes.
11 Days | From USD 12,079
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- Scheduled charter flights and transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Park fees
- Local brand drinks where specified (premier brands to own account)
- Laundry where specified
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
What's not included
- Travel Insurance is not included. However, should you be interested, we can introduce you to our recommended partner, Global Rescue.
Read MoreGlobal Rescue has been operating across the globe for a number of years, and is an independent service provider to &Beyond, with no legal affiliation to our company. Should you wish to procure travel insurance products through Global Rescue, such services or products will be governed by terms and conditions solely determined by Global Rescue. It is wholly your responsibility to be fully acquainted with Global Rescue’s terms and conditions contained on its website regarding the use of its services or its products prior, to, and after, your purchase.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified as per the downloadable detailed PDF; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations and ROE
- andBeyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Chobe National Park
- Upon arrival at Kasane Airport you will make your way to the arrivals hall. From here you and your fellow guests will be driven to Chobe Chilwero Lodge.
- Enjoy captivating game drives with spectacular game viewing opportunities.
- Take an evening cruise on the Chobe River and marvel at breathtaking sunsets.
- Venture on an exciting day trip to Victoria Falls and experience one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles.
Day 3-5: Savute
- This morning after breakfast you will be driven from Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero Lodge with fellow guests to Kasane Airport for your scheduled charter flight to Savute Airstrip. The area is home to the unpredictable and mystical Savute Channel. (Approximately 40 minutes).
- Be captivated by magnificent birds-eye views of elephants in their natural habitat.
- Keep your camera on hand to capture shots of a pride of lions that often frequents the camp.
- See the ancient San rock paintings.
- Order your favourite sundowner and unwind on the deck overlooking the Savute Channel — often visited by herds of elephant.
Day 5-8: Okavango Delta
- Enjoy a short game drive to Savute Airstrip for your scheduled charter flight to Xaranna Airstrip. The area offers an exclusive experience to discover the wonder and magic of this extraordinary ecosystem (Approximately 40 minutes).
- Experience a breathtaking mokoro ride which is normally concluded by a wet leg drink stop in the middle of the delta. (Seasonal – dependent on water levels)
- Have a picnic lunch delivered to your suite and enjoy it whilst sitting on the top step of your private plunge pool.
- Venture to the end of the jetty to gaze at the magnificent star studded sky skies, and ask your guide for a fascinating star gazing session.
- Add some creamy Amarula to your porridge to kick start your morning. In chilly winter months relish homemade porridge around the roaring fire and watch the blazing sun rise.
- Indulge in a deeply relaxing massage next to your glimmering private pool at your sala.
- Embark on a fascinating tour of the solar power plant, and learn about our cutting edge technology in the middle of the Delta.
- Take to the skies on a scenic helicopter flight, arguably one of the best ways to see the Delta from a different perspective.
Day 8-11: Makgadikgadi Pans
- Enjoy a game drive to Xaranna Airstrip for your scheduled charter flight to Maun International Airport. Savour the views of the sparkling lagoons and palm tree islands as you fly over this water wonderland for one last time (Approximately 25 minutes).
- Upon arrival at Maun International Airport you will be assisted to your scheduled charter flight to Tsigaro Airstrip in the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, then a game drive transfer to Jack’s Camp.
- Have some fun as you get up close and personal with playful meerkats on the Meerkat Adventure
- Spend time walking and interacting with a group of Zu/’hoasi Bushmen gaining insight into their ancient culture
- Quad bike across the lunar expanse of the pans (dry season only)
- Experience the spectacular migration of zebra and wildebeest – the second biggest in Africa and the last remaining in Southern Africa (wet season only)
Day 11: Departure
- After breakfast enjoy a game drive to Tsigaro Airstrip for your scheduled charter flight back to Maun International Airport for your onward arrangements.
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming