Your journey at a glance
Discover two bucket list destinations on this journey of spectacular landscapes, dramatic natural wonders and unique culture.
Immerse yourself in this 12-day bucket list itinerary that takes you to the remote, breathtaking beauty of the Antarctica and the spectacular natural surrounds of the Lake District in Chile. Your journey begins briefly in the vibrant metropolis of Santiago, a bustling city tucked away in a valley surrounded by the Andean foothills before being whisked away to explore the lively city of Punta Arenas located on the Strait of Magellan and the gateway to the iconic Antarctica. Your adventure continues on the luxury Magellan Explorer, discovering a land of glaciers, ice and startling beauty on the Antarctic Peninsula, Anvers Island, Lemaire Channel, Gerlache Strait and Deception Island. Be captivated each day as you sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals and whales. Your journey culminates at &Beyond Vira Vira situated in the natural expanse and adventure filled hub of Pucón. Dive into water and land experiences surrounding the Villarrica Volcano, farm-to-table dining with a highly trained executive chef team, tours of the cheese factory, interactions with the indigenous Mapuche community and a collection of 39 activities and experiences, hosted by expert and engaging guides. An unforgettable journey awaits.
12 Days | From USD 21,525
2021 departure dates: per person sharing
- 10 Dec; 15 Dec – From USD 21,525
- 20 Dec; 25 Dec; 30 Dec – From USD 24,800
2022 departure dates: per person sharing
- 13 Jan; 18 Jan; 30 Jan; 04 Feb; 09 Feb; 14 Feb; 19 Feb – From USD 23,305
- 30 Nov; 05 Dec, 10 Dec; 15 Dec – From USD 22,378
- 20 Dec; 25 Dec; 30 Dec – From USD 25,495
2023 departure dates: per person sharing
- 13 Jan; 18 Jan; 30 Jan; 04 Feb; 09 Feb; 14 Feb; 19 Feb – From USD 23,778
- 24 Feb; 01 Mar – From USD 22,378
- All nights of accommodation mentioned in the program
- Transportation in the best available vehicles
- Tours as mentioned in the program with English speaking local guides
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Taxes included, where applicable
What's not included
- International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Domestic air tickets (quoted separately)
- Early check-in or late check-out charges
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any video/still camera fee during the trip
- Excess baggage
- Travel Insurance
- Visa or reciprocity fee expenses
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned in our proposal only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Arrival in Santiago, Chile
- Upon arrival at Santiago’s International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team. They will assist you through passport control and baggage claim to your waiting vehicle and drive you to The Singular Santiago.
- The Chilean capital is today a modern, sprawling and vibrant metropolis that is flanked by a mountain range on both sides. It is here that you can enjoy a series of tours that range from historical and cultural explorations to specific excursions centred on food, architecture and art.
Day 2: Exploring Punta Arenas
- After your breakfast you will be driven to the airport for your domestic flight to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival to one of the most the southern cities in the world, you will be welcomed by Antarctica21 staff and chauffeured to your hotel.
- Enjoy the city’s charms, history and tax-free shopping and visit the Mayorino Borgatello Salesian Museum, the Shepherds Monument, the Patagonia Institute (a research centre for the history and the resources), and the Nao Victoria Museum where you can view a full-size replica of the first ship to circumnavigate the world, Ferdinand Magellan’s Nao Victoria.
- Attend the exciting briefing that provides important information about your voyage and gather for a welcome dinner and meet your fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu.
Day 3: Your voyage across the ice
- Your Antarctica adventure begins with a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. As you exit the airplane, the clear Antarctica air fills your lungs for the first time. The 2-km (1.25-mi) walk to the shore, where you board a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel, takes you through Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station.
Day 4-7: Magellan Explorer journey
- Sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals and whales. Disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides.
- Visit Anvers Island and soak up the spectacular views and spot a variety of Antarctic wildlife. Be enchanted by the stunning Lemaire Channel, world renowned for its breathtaking, otherworldly scenery.
- Cruise down the Gerlache Strait, a sprawling waterway, known for its surreal beauty. The stark scenery features distant snow-capped mountains, spiky blue icebergs, and remarkably impressive glacial landscapes. Watch penguins waddling and sliding on vast sheets of ice and see the abandoned Norwegian ghost ship in Gouvernoren Harbour.
- Explore Deception Island, the caldera of an active volcano and look forward to an array of activities including taking a relaxing soak in the thermal waters of the island, exploring the beautiful Port Foster and spotting chinstrap penguins.
Day 8: Bid farewell to Antarctica
- Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, you will be driven to your hotel for the night.
Day 9: Arrival at &Beyond Vira Vira
- After your breakfast you will be driven to Punta Arenas Airport for your flight to Puerto Montt. Upon arrival you will be transferred directly to the lodge (approximately 4hr 30mins). In the afternoon, an activity will be provided by the hotel, giving you your first taste of the area.
- Located in the picturesque Araucanía region of Chile’s Lake District, homeland of the courageous Mapuche people, is the spectacular &Beyond Vira Vira.
- Dramatic landscapes of breathtaking glacial lakes mirror the snowy tips of nearby volcanoes, while within the rainforests gracing the surrounding national parks, evergreen Araucaria araucana (monkey puzzle) trees, some over 1 000 years old, stand tall.
- Immersed on an expansive, forested estate with 822 m (2,696 ft) of river frontage and breathtaking views of the snow-capped Villarica Volcano, this magnificent wooden lodge is themed in beauty. Enormous windows frame exquisite outlooks, while vibrant wall tapestries, hand-woven textiles and other traditional artefacts colour the interior décor. Signature features include a modern working farm, organic farm-to-table vegetable garden, on-site boutique cheese factory and two outdoor hot tubs.
Day 10-11: An adventure playground
- Be spoilt for choice with myriad adventures hosted by knowledgeable and engaging guides at &Beyond Vira Vira, including horseback riding, trekking, fly fishing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, skiing, and scenic helicopter flights. The list is seemingly endless with fly fishing, mountain biking, and a variety of water sports. All excursions are specifically tailored according to your interests and fitness levels.
- Dine on sublime cuisine with the ‘farm-to-table’ concept of producing everything required for the award-winning restaurant at &Beyond Vira Vira.
- Gain insight into the fascinating local Mapuche people.
- Gaze up at the magnificent blanket of stars whilst relaxing in one of the two lodge hot tubs, enjoy wellness retreats, therapies and massages in the spa, and balance your chakras with daily yoga classes.
Day 12: Departure
- This morning after breakfast, you will be driven to Temuco Airport for your flight to Santiago.
- Wave a fond farewell as your adventure comes to an end and you depart on your outbound flight.
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming