Your journey at a glance
Bhutan is the ideal destination for family travel, and this seven-day journey highlights a trio of exceptional terrain.
Known for breathtaking natural beauty, embellished decorative architecture and a deeply entrenched culture, your adventures kicks off in Thimphu. Be captivated by picturesque views of the Himalayas, icy glaciers, high mountain peaks draped in billowing clouds and magnificent rivers coursing through the terrain. Explore national landmarks dotted with revered statues of Buddha, the Tango Goenpa Monastery surrounded by rhododendron forests, and cycle through the pristine Jigme Dorji National Park.
The next leg of your journey takes you to Punakha, where you will discover Chimi Lhakhang, the ‘Divine Madman’s’ temple. Hike through rice and chilli fields to the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten, and get the kids’ adrenaline pumping with some river rafting, crashing over rapids in the Punakha Valley. Your final destination is Paro with an exploration of the Ta Dzong and the Paro Rinpung Dzong. Make yourself at home in a traditional local farmhouse and gain insight into the lifestyle of a farmer. Your journey culminates with a hike to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s Nest). Trail through exquisite pine forests and be utterly enchanted with the spectacular landscape spread out before you.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Thimphu
- Fly into Paro and marvel at the scenery of the Himalayas, Paro River, and the icy glacier below.
- Visit a famous iron bridge and Tamchog Lhakhang, the temple dedicated to a 13th-century saint.
- Explore Thimphu and visit the National Memorial Chorten, one of the most visible religious structures in Thimphu.
- Marvel at the huge Buddha Dordenma, filled with over one hundred thousand smaller Buddha statues
- Visit the Takin Preserve in Motithang and observe the Takin, the national animal of Bhutan
- Meander through rhododendron forests on a hike to Tango Goenpa Monastery.
- Visit the Institute for Zorig Chusum (Arts and Crafts school) and the Weaving Centre and Textile Museum.
- Make your own paper at the Jungshi paper making factory using ancient traditional methods.
- Visit the Tashichho Dzong known as the “Fortress of the Glorious Religion”, serving as a winter residence and housing the throne room of His Majesty, the King of Bhutan.
- Dress up in Bhutan’s traditional attire and witness beautiful masked dances
- Post the hike you will then board your MTB’s and cycle from the base until Dechencholing palace which is a good 10 kms away through beautiful countryside.
Day 3-5: Punakha
- Stop on Dochula Pass to visit the 108 stupas built in honour of the fallen Bhutanese soldiers.
- Enjoy a hike to Chimi Lhakhang, a temple dedicated to the ‘Divine Madman’, adorned with phallic symbols and where women struggling to conceive are said to be blessed with fertility.
- Enjoy a visit to the Punakha Dzong, widely acknowledged as the most artistic and beautiful Dzong in Bhutan where every Bhutanese king has been crowned and where it is still in use as the winter residence of the official monk body of the kingdom.
- Meander through the butterfly trail and observe farmlands and forests.
- Relish a picnic breakfast at the top of Khamsum Yuelley and explore the temple.
- Embark on a thrilling rafting experience on the Pho Chu River.
- Journey through the most scenic and secluded area, featuring incredibly blue water, breathtaking alpine scenery, and the chance of seeing one of the world’s rarest birds – the White-bellied Heron.
- Drive to the Sangchhen Dorji Lhendrup Lhakhang Nunnery and engage with the nuns who provide life skill training
Day 5-7: Paro
- Visit Ta Dzong or the national museum, where a spectacular collection of religious Thangka paintings, art, relics and postage stamps are on display.
- Explore a masterpiece of architecture, Paro Rinpung Dzong, with enormous buttressed walls looming over the town.
- Gain insight into the lifestyle of a local farmer and visit a colourful, traditional farmhouse.
- Hike to the iconic Tiger’s Nest and marvel at the beauty of the surroundings including the gorge and waterfall.
- Enter the Tiger’s Nest, one of the most hallowed of all Buddhist sights around the world.
- On the way down, you will put up some prayers flags.
- After breakfast the next morning, you will be chauffeured to Paro Airport to board your onward flight, as your journey comes to an end.
What's included• Accommodation on ONE DOUBLE & ONE INTERCONNECTED TWIN ROOM in hotels as mentioned in the QUOTE. • All transfers as mentioned in a private vehicle, and sightseeing. • Sightseeing tour will be provided as per the itinerary with the English-speaking Bhutanese Guide and in a private Vehicle. • All entrance and monuments fees. • Visa fees for Bhutan only. www.andBeyond.com Himalayan Mountains Tour -Bhutan • All current taxes as on date – subject to change as per hotel/airline/Government policy. • Cycling from Tango for 4 pax, Picnic set up at Khamsum Yuelley, Rafting in Punakha, Blessing in Punakha nunnery, and hoisting of prayer flags on the way to Taktsang. • COVID-19 Kit on arrival
What's not included• Any Airfare. • Tipping to guides and drivers. • Any Insurance and rescue of any form. • Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control. • Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost. • Any international air fare/airport taxes not mentioned above • Hotel surcharges during festival period/ Christmas & New Years Eve • Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff. • Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc. • Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit • Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes. • Any airfare for domestic flights other than the quoted details. • Any cost of the meals other than the one indicated in room meal plan. • Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified.
- Validity periods are as specified in the downloadable PDF; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation.
- Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you &Beyond India Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond India can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on both domestic/scheduled or charter flights.
- Rates are subject to change
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming