Your journey at a glance
This adventure-filled expedition offers an exclusive mobile camping experience, with comfortable accommodation and a sought-after guide, which takes guests on an exploration of bustling Delhi, formidable Kalinjar, the flourishing Panna National Park, medieval Orchha and sensational Kuno.
Unrivalled in its offering, this small group journey invites you to delve into the fascinating history of India’s archaeological wonders, discovering historic forts and palaces, and acquiring wisdom at hallowed temples and shrines. Encounter magnificent wildlife in pristine sanctuaries, and meander through the whirling labyrinth of Delhi’s vibrant streets, immersing yourself in the city’s bustling heritage.
Departure: 1-11 Dec 2019
1 night Delhi | 3 nights Kalinjar | 2 nights Panna National Park | 1 night Orchha | 3 nights Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary
What we love about this journey:
- Meander through Delhi’s Old City, its kaleidoscopic markets, buildings, and ancient ruins
- Explore the spectacular Khajuraho Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover the historical Kalinjar Fort and the Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
- Strap on your hiking boots for easy hikes around Kalinjar, and engage with friendly locals
- Marvel at the majestic royal Bengal tiger in the spectacular Panna National Park
- Wander around enchanting Orchha, steeped in history
- Enjoy a safari at the Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary and observe an abundance of elusive carnivores including leopard, wolves, hyenas, foxes and the Caracal
- Explore the Palpur Fort and Pavilion’s and the evocative ruins around Shivpuri town
- Choose to extend your stay at Agra and Ranthambore National Park on request
1-11 Dec 2019 | 11 Days
USD 7,999 per person
- Accommodation at all hotels/Camps mentioned.
- All meals included expect for Day 1 in New Delhi.
- All transfers, sightseeing and overland trips by Air-conditioned vehicles
- Travel Journal
- Services of a Tour leader (Hashim Tyabji)
- All Internal Regular flights in economy class subject to change at the time of issuing.
- Entrance fee for all sites.
- Mineral water during sightseeing and overland trip
- All Tipping
- All current taxes as on date.
What's not included
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls etc
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any Insurance
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned in our proposal only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hours, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- Until such time as confirmation of services is received from &Beyond South Asia this is a Quotation only and is subject to availability as no reservations have been made.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation. Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you &Beyond South Asia is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements &Beyond South Asia can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on both domestic/scheduled or charter flights.
- Please note that airfares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by &Beyond South Asia.
- &Beyond South Asia cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary we will re-quote you accordingly
- Dietary Requirements: All dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advice us of any specific dietary requirements that you may have and these will be communicated through to the respective establishment.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. However management of the establishment will be able to assist with guidelines.
Plan your journey
What to expect…
Day 1: Delhi
On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, in Delhi, you will be warmly welcomed by an &Beyond representative and chauffeured to your beautiful hotel. Choose to relax in the sumptuous surroundings of the hotel or venture out to explore Old Delhi, a whirling bustling experience fusing an international metropolis, medieval chaos and regal splendour. The city is crammed to bursting with colourful bazaars, vibrant markets, ancient temples, holy monuments, crumbling ruins, shiny complexes, designer stores, superb restaurants, friendly locals, and steaming cups of delicious tea.
Day 2-4: Kalinjar
On arrival in Khajuraho you will be welcomed and driven to Sarai at Toria for a delicious lunch. Once you are ready, you will then be driven to Kaafila Camp at Kalinjar for the start of your exhilarating mobile camping experience. An ancient fascinating fortress-city, Kalinjar was once an honoured home for Bundelkhand’s ruling dynasties and the Chandela dynasty of Rajputs. Sprawling over a vast expanse this medieval bastion is a symbol of cultural and religious glory and a variety of temples, sculptures and friezes adorn the site. Be captivated by magical sunsets that create ephemeral works of art in the sky, the magnificence of textured landscapes that highlight historical monuments, holy temples and enchanting palaces, and sitting under lofty shady trees enjoying delicious picnics. Stand in awe of the impressive ruins of Kalinjar Fort, where the great God Shiva conquered death, and in the morning revel in an exhilarating morning hike to the exquisite Ajaigarh Hill Fort.
Day 5-6: Panna National Park
Spend 2 nights in the pristine wilderness of Panna National Park searching for the elusive tiger
Upon arrival at Panna, you will be assisted with your check-in into Sarai at Toria, a vibrant spacious village inn. Panna National Park is a place of beauty and serenity. One of the most pristine of India’s wilderness areas, it is the perfect place to escape to for an authentic appreciation of the country’s exquisite natural beauty. The varied terrain of gorges, plateaus, forests and the majestic Ken River creates surprises around every corner. Explore this sanctuary and discover the intricacies of the bush and the diverse flora and fauna with a knowledgeable naturalist, and gain insight into the remarkable world of the wild. Capture stunning sightings of sloth bear, wild dog, sambar deer, leopard, jungle cat and caracal. Panna is home to no less than five other species of cat – leopard, jungle cat, leopard cat, rusty spotted cat and caracal, and is a magnificent birding destination, with more than 200 species, from the majestic peacock to a wide selection of eagles, hawks and buzzards.
Day 7: Orchha
Upon arrival at the enchanting town of Orccha you will be assisted with your check-in to the sublime Amar Hotel. Enchanting Orchha, meaning ‘Hidden Place’ is a beautiful medieval town abundant with gorgeous temples, fascinating forts, and stunning palaces. Exuding a dreamy atmosphere this destination is perched near the marshy banks of the Betwa River. Meander around this whimsical medieval city, beautifully illuminated in the dark and observe stunning Mughal-influenced Rajput buildings. Impressive forts, elegant palaces and significant monuments neighbour each other in the vibrant town square. Explore the magnificent Orchha Fort complex, a fascinating montage of beautiful architecture, and once the hunting playground of the Mughals.
Day 8-10: Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary
Upon arrival in Kuno, explore the stunning surroundings of the Kaafila Camp. Once used by Gwalior kings as their private hunting ground, today Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary is a fascinating wildlife sanctuary featuring an abundance of wildlife. Armed with a packed picnic breakfast and lunch, venture into the wild for the day, and follow the tracks of the leopards, hyenas, foxes, spotted deer and porcupines, and possibly a tiger as you traverse through dense woodland and vast grassland. Explore the ancient town of Shivpuri, wandering through crumbling ruins, lofty forts and sacred burial grounds of kings. Engage with the tribes that reside on the Karahal plateau, and revel in a wonderful opportunity to walk through the buffer forests of Kuno with the Moghiya hunters, leading you to the Kuno River where they proudly show off their fishing talent.