What it will cost
Per person per night
Designed to capture the splendour and solitude of the desert, beautifully appointed rooms spread out along the curve of the escarpment, allowing absolute privacy. Each air conditioned glass-fronted suite at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is designed to complement the expansive views of the different habitats, perfectly framed from the spacious internal areas. Featuring a private veranda, bedroom with retractable skylights for in-bed star-gazing, a living room with a fireplace, an ensuite bathroom with a glass-encased rain shower offering 180º views, and a perfectly-positioned private plunge pool for some sublime respite after a long day in the desert heat.
All suites include star-viewing skylights, discrete music systems and customised personal bars. One of the most innovative features of the accommodation design is the way in which the extremes of the natural environment are harnessed to create energy and recycle waste water. Each suite is like its own solar power plant, producing enough energy to not only power the air conditioning, and all the super-comforts of a luxury lodge, but also the water treatment and recycling systems.
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees and refreshments on scenic nature drives
- Experiences (one morning Sossusvlei excursion, Living Dunes, Desert People, Desert Rock, Desert Drive, Big Dune Walk, Stargazing, E-biking and Hiking)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
- A complimentary pair of Swarovski Optik CL Companion 8×30 binoculars binoculars per suite for use during your stay
What's not included
- Telephone calls
- &Beyond shop purchases
- Experiences (Wellness Treatments, Scenic Helicopter Flights, Hot Air Ballooning)
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
- Administration fee
- All rates are inclusive of VAT and in Namibian Dollars
- Accommodation rates are per person per night sharing
- Single Supplement:
- 11 January - 30 April and 01 November - 20 December: A single supplement of 50% is only charged from the third single room per booking.
- 01 May - 31 October and 21 December - 10 January, a single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms.
- A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant
- Children under the age of 16 sharing with 1 or 2 adults are charged 50% of the adult rate. This is subject to the availability of triple rooms
- Long-Stay Rates: May be applied for a combination of &Beyond lodges in Africa (subject to seasonal availability of the offer), for the same guests on a single itinerary. These cannot be used in conjunction with any other &Beyond offers, including Signature offers
- All pricing is indicative and subject to exchange rate fluctuations
- Honeymoon Offer:
- One partner pays full rate and the other partner pays 50% of the accommodation rate for the whole stay
- Excludes the Star Dune Suite
- Rate and honeymoon discount based on 1-5 night rate
- May not be combined with other offers or long stay rates
- Valid for travel within 6 months of date of marriage
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: Please be advised that the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) is not allowed in any of the conservation areas we manage until such time as their impact on wildlife and anti-poaching initiatives can be assessed. This rule will apply throughout Africa, as our partners in various countries and regions have adopted a similar stance
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
TAILORMAKE YOUR STAY
Talk to one of our travel specialists to tailormake your stay to any of our destinations
Going Beyond the Expected
Go ‘Beyond the Expected’ with a safari theatre experience. Led by our experienced guides, enjoy a morning bush cappuccino rendezvous and evening sundowner stop on your game drives, as well as a complimentary pair of Swarovski Optik binoculars, for your use during your stay with us.