Xugana Island Lodge
Xugana Island Lodge is ideally situated on the edge of the spectacular Xugana Lagoon. This beautiful lodge offers eight elevated rooms featuring Livingston décor, romantic beds veiled by fine viridian lace, spacious ensuite bathrooms and private viewing decks.
Guests can relax in the boma and savour sumptuous meals in the outdoor dining area, which overlooks the still lagoon. Unwind in the comfortable sitting room or splash around in the inviting swimming pool, perfect for resting weary limbs after a rewarding day of game viewing. Guests can explore the many channels and floodplains of the Okavango Delta by mokoro (traditional dugout canoe) or motorboat, as well as discover some of the surrounding islands on a guided nature walk. Avian enthusiasts will be delighted with the variety of species in the area, while keen fishermen can battle it out with bream or the formidable tiger fish.
What we love about Xugana Island Lodge
- Ask your mokoro poler to show you how the lovely and delicate water-lily jewellery is made.
- Toast the sun as it sets over Xugana Lagoon, while sipping on one of the camp’s delicious cocktails.
- Try your hand at fishing and ask the chef to prepare your catch for dinner.
- Glide through the channels on a mokoro, and look out for tiny reed frogs and colourful dragonflies.
- Embark on a memorable boat trip to the hippo pools.
PLAN YOUR STAY
Talk to one of our expert Travel Specialists and let us tailormake your stay
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming