The spirit of &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge
Offering a unique combination of rich wildlife viewing and scenic Victoria Falls experiences, &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge is set on a massive concession that boasts 15km (9 miles) of private Zambezi River frontage.
Situated within 40 km (25 miles) of the Victoria Falls, the reserve’s unique location means that guests also have convenient and easy access to the magnificent sights and variety of adrenalin adventures available at the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Nestled on an exclusive stretch of the Zambezi River, &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge celebrates the region’s fascinating heritage with authentic features and effortlessly combines them with light and airy contemporary interiors. Designed to make the most of the reserve’s spectacular views, the lodge’s two camps, of just nine suites each, are complimented by tranquil guest areas.
Why we love it
- Situated just 40 kilometres (24 miles) above the Victoria Falls, you will have easy access to this iconic destination’s array of adventures.
- Enjoy an exclusive 15 kilometre (9 mile) stretch of private Zambezi River frontage
- You will be spoilt for choice at the wonderful selection of land and water-based safaris.
- Discover the wonders of the Zambezi River on sundowner boat cruises, canoeing or fishing adventures.
- Encounter large herds of elephant and buffalo, as well as an assortment of plains game and predators on a 50 000 ha private wildlife concession.
- Matetsi Private Game Reserve offers some of the finest safari guides in Zimbabwe and boasts legendary local hospitality.
- Take in the exceptional views of the Zambezi River from the comfort of your suite
At &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge life slows down to the majestic pace of the broad Zambezi River, whose waters run deep alongside two intimate camps, each with just nine river-facing suites and a family suite. Clad in an intricate woven pattern that calls to mind the country’s rich heritage, the cool and spacious suites boast contemporary interiors embellished with natural finishes, and decorated with abstract pieces of art created by a renowned local artist. Set in the deep shade of riverside trees, each camp has a dedicated guest area with sweeping views of the Zambezi.
Mouth-watering flavours are created in an interactive kitchen and served indoors or beneath a canopy of mangosteen and waterberry trees. Al fresco dining takes place next to the quiet murmur of the running waters, punctuated by a choir of frogs and the throaty chuckling of hippos, while fresh, African mornings are accented by the stirring cry of fish eagles. As the sun slips beneath the water, guests gather in the cosy bar area to swap stories of the day’s adventures.
Cool and tranquil, leisure hours are spent in the shared guest area, indulging in a soothing treatment in the massage sala or tasting the wide selection of wines in the extensive wine cellar. The more actively inclined can make their way to a well-equipped fitness centre or enjoy a lap in the 23 metre (76 foot) pool.