Off the north-eastern tip of Zanzibar lies the private &Beyond Mnemba Island, inhabited only by guests and the staff taking care of them. Just 1.5 km (less than a mile) in circumference, Mnemba is surrounded by an atoll of breathtaking coral reefs and boasts some of Africa’s most magnificent dive sites.
Getting to Mnemba Island:
The lodge collects guests at Zanzibar International Airport or Stone Town:
- 1 ½-hour road trip (the last 20 minutes are on an unpaved, bumpy road)
- 10 – 15-minute boat ride in an open ski boat
As there are no jetties – departures and landings are directly to and from the beach and involve a little wading. Please note that boat transfers are weather dependent.
When dark, crossing the channel is not safe for our boatmen or guests. The road conditions are also not great, so best avoided at night. It is therefore important to adhere to the following transfer guidelines:
- Summer: 06h00 Mnemba Island (06h15 Muyuni Beach)
- Winter: 06h30 Mnemba Island (06h45 Muyuni Beach)
- For 08h30 or 09h00 flights – depending if summer / winter / domestic / international flight
- Latest flight arrival at airport is 16h00 for guests to be transferred latest at 16h30 from Stone Town in winter and summer months