Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in the lush Zululand region of northern KwaZulu Natal in South Africa, intimately wedged between Mkuze Game Reserve and UNESCO World Heritage Site, iSimangaliso Wetland Park (previously St Lucia Wetland Park). The reserve is also situated in close proximity to the unspoiled beaches and spectacular coral reefs of the Indian Ocean, offering an unmatched combination of bush and beach adventures at nearby Sodwana Bay.
Getting to Phinda:
- Federal Air offer daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg to Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Connect Phinda Private Game Reserve to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Ngala Private Game Reserve, Kirkman’s Kamp, northern Sabi Sand Nature Reserve, Londolozi, Ulusaba, Vilanculos and Livingstone – all flights route through either Nelspruit or Skukuza
- Private charters from anywhere in South Africa can be arranged to Phinda Private Game Reserve’s airstrip
- It is seven-hour drive from Johannesburg on good roads in a two-wheel drive vehicle
- It is a three and a half-hour drive from Durban on good roads in a two-wheel drive vehicle
- Self-drive directions to Phinda Forest Lodge can be downloaded at the bottom of this webpage