The spirit of &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp
Like the water lily from which it takes its inspiration, &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp nestles deep in the heart of the game-rich Okavango Delta.
&Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp, offers a beautiful Botswana safari experience and enjoys luxurious solitude on its own Delta island within a 272 000 hectare (672 125 acre) exclusive wildlife concession. With only nine tents, this intimate camp offers an exclusive experience steeped in the wonder and magic of this extraordinary ecosystem.
Depending on the season you can float gently along clear, intricate channels and explore the myriad islands of the Delta or embark on exception game drives from the light and airy base of this ethereal camp.
Why we love it
- Game drives, bush walks, scenic helicopter flights and horseback safaris allow you to explore this beautiful area from different perspectives.
- Exceptional wildlife, including elephant, large buffalo herds, tsessebe, hippo, lion, leopard, African wild dog and roan antelope
- Remarkable bird-watching with 450 bird species, including Pel’s Fishing Owl. Vast number of migrant birds in summer.
- Wonderful setting for health and relaxation
- Seasonal* water-based experiences include motorised boating, mokoro trips and fishing excursions
- Perfect for an end to a safari, nature lovers, birders, return travellers, couples, families, anyone looking for a change of pace.
*Please note: Botswana is currently experiencing a drought. Water levels change yearly and weather patterns are unpredictable. Mokoro trips, motorised boat cruises and fishing activities have been suspended until the region receives adequate rainfall. Please contact us for more information.
In the midst of the Delta, surrounded by a mosaic of papyrus and reed beds, &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp provides an exceptional Botswana safari experience. With sweeping views opening up onto a seasonal lagoon, this serene and isolated Camp combines the best of what the Okavango has to offer.
Layered guest areas look out onto classic Delta silhouettes. Connect with friends and family in the spacious games area or treasure quiet moments in one of our secluded reading spots. Puddles of shade invite you to indulge in dreamy moments on a carefully placed mokoro bench. Share stories over the flavours of delicious meals in the open sided dining room or give in to the romance of African nights spent around a roaring fire under starry skies in our open air boma. A fully-stocked Safari Shop offers chic outdoor gear, African art and jewellery.