Holi is a vibrant, energetic and multi-coloured two-day celebration of love, colour and fertility that takes place every year in February/March. Not only does it mark the official arrival of spring, but it also commemorates the enduring love between Lord Krishna and Radha.
In a grand display of the triumph of good over evil, enormous crowds of merrymakers toss a kaleidoscope of rainbow-coloured powders into the air, which coats everyone in a magical, iridescent glow. The mood is lively and upbeat and the smiles and laughter are undeniably contagious.
This is most definitely one for the bucket list, so here are 10 reasons why you should celebrate Holi with us.
- Add vibrant colour to a black and white world.
- Let loose, live a little and find your inner child.
- Celebrate the arrival of spring and new beginnings.
- Commemorate love, passion and unity.
- Tempt the taste buds with a smorgasbord of glorious festival food.
- Prove that colours really do speak all languages.
- Laugh uncontrollably; after all, laughter is the best medicine.
- Revel in the cheerful music and electric atmosphere.
- Create new memories with loved ones.
- Start your day as a blank canvas and metamorphose into a brilliant masterpiece.
Would you like to experience Holi in 2017? We have the perfect adventure just for you. Our 12-day ‘A Splash of Colour in Rajasthan’ journey explores some of India’s most sought-after destinations, from the spice markets and rickshaws of Delhi and the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra, to the dense jungles of Ranthambore and the breathtakingly romantic Lake City of Udaipur with its marble palaces, manicured gardens and shimmering lakes.
Of course the pièce de résistance, without a doubt, is a full day spent in the Pink City of Jaipur celebrating the unforgettable Festival of Colours with a local Indian family.
This journey departs on 05 March 2017, with the Holi celebration taking place on 13 March 2017.