Renowned as one of South America’s most scenic cities; Quito, Ecuador’s bustling capital, offers a wonderful mix of old and new. Here, its iconic Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, showcases an astounding array of monuments and colonial architecture; all built on the ruins of an Incan city. Bustling markets give way to a flourishing commercial centre, while tranquil neighbourhoods offer insight into the everyday life of its inhabitants.
Just outside of Quito, visitors can explore some of the country’s most prominent haciendas or browse through the popular Otavalo Market – a weekly showcase of some of the region’s finest handicrafts and jewellery. Outdoor enthusiasts can also use Quito as a gateway before discovering the marvels of Ecuador’s renowned cloud forest.
- Discover the world’s highest capital and Ecuador’s first city to host a UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site.
- Spend the night at one of Ecuador’s most important haciendas.
- Visit the market town of Otavalo and drive through the Avenue of Volcanoes.
- Explore the Laguna Limpiopungo, visit the pre-Incan ruins of Salitre and search for wildlife such as the Andean condors and wild horses of the Cotopaxi Park.
- Explore the incredible diversity of the cloud forest.
Summer / Dry Season (June to September)
8°C/46°F to 19°C/66°F
Winter / Wet Season (October to May)
8°C/46°F to 18°C/64°F