The Capital of Chile, vibrant Santiago is a bustling city tucked away in a valley surrounded by the Andean foothills.
Founded in 1541, Santiago is now a thriving metropolis dotted with fine eateries and top-class hotels. It is the only city in the world that offers skiing high up in the majestic Andes, followed a mere 45 minutes later by walks on the beach and surfing in the Pacific Ocean. Guests visiting the Chilean capital are in for a heady mix of exclusive boutiques, sprawling shopping centres, magnificent architecture and discerning residential areas.
A must whilst exploring this energetic city are tours to one of the many museums in the area such as the Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino or a stop at one of the fine restaurants, cafes or beer halls of Barrios Brasil or Bellavista. Be sure to visit the Mercado Central, a bustling market for epicurean enthusiasts, and take in the Pedro de Valdivia statue at the Plaza de Armas.
- The only place in the world where you can ski in the Andes, then stroll the beach and surf in the Pacific Ocean, all in the same day.
- Vibrant, cosmopolitan city with museums, theatres, art galleries, fine dining, nightlife, bustling markets, grand architecture and more.
- Dramatic setting overlooking the Andes on one side and the Pacific on the other.
- Panoramic views of the leafy city from Santiago’s iconic park, Cerro San Cristóbal.
- From sidewalk cafés and world-class restaurants, to the bustling Mercado Central, be sure to sample the local cuisine and classic Chilean drinks.
Summer (November – February)
Average daily highs of 26°C/79°F
Winter (May – August)
Average daily highs of 15°C/59°F