Tucked between the mighty Zambezi and the rolling Limpopo River, Zimbabwe is best known for the magnificent spectacle of the Victoria Falls. Known as ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ or ‘The Smoke That Thunders’, this scenic natural spectacle has become known as the site of Africa’s “Adrenalin Capital”. Thrilling white water rafting, bungee jumping, helicopter excursions and more are all available on the banks of the Zambezi.
Zimbabwe derives its name from the spectacular stone structures of the Great Zimbabwe ruins, a World Heritage Site with a mysterious origin. The country is home to another four World Heritage sites, including the rugged granite outcrops of the Matobo Hills, the spectacular conservation area of Mana Pools and the magnificent Victoria Falls.
The world’s largest man-made reservoir, the vast waters of Lake Kariba are home to the fierce tiger fish, renowned among avid anglers, while herds of wildlife wander its shores.
- Drift with the current on a sunset cruise and watch the life on the banks of the Zambezi slowly settle in for the night
- Travel back in time and savour the elegant ritual of high tea at the beautiful Edwardian-style Victoria Falls Hotel
- Get high on life with one adventure activity after another – white water rafting, abseiling, river boarding, jet boating, gorge swing, kayaking and canoeing
- The magnificent Zambezi River and breathtaking Victoria Falls – the largest curtain of water in the world
- Spectacular Lake Kariba, set in the heart of a wildlife haven
Zimbabwe is a terrific holiday destination with activities for the whole family. Victoria Falls and Lake Kariba are ideal for families. as there is something for everyone. Seeing the Falls is a must and the village of Victoria Falls offers a wonderful array of activities, from the milder pleasures of shopping and fine dining to heart-stopping thrills like bungee jumping and white water rafting.
Zimbabwe is an excellent year-round destination. However, there are certain seasons for special interest groups to take note of. For high adventure enthusiasts, white water rafting is most exciting when the Zambezi waters are low, generally from August to December. The best months to visit the famous Vumba Botanical Gardens are December to May, when the vegetation is lush and green, and most plants are in flower.
Summer (October – April)
Winter (May – September)
Rainfall November – March