Casual, comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year. Due to the high altitude on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater it can be cold at night (even in summer) therefore it is very important to pack warm clothing for the nights. The most practical items to pack are:
- Khaki, brown, white and beige colours
- Light cotton tops and cotton trousers/shorts in summer
- Long sleeved blouses/shirts for game drives Safari trousers for evenings and cooler days
- A fleece or sweater and a warm jacket for game drives (and at the Ngorongoro Crater)
- Swimwear is a must for the beach A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Thermal underwear, light layers, sweater, warm jacket, good socks and sturdy, comfortable walking boots for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Depending on your journey it may be easier to reference our useful Packing checklist.