This charming little seaside town on Namibia’s western coast retains a strong German flavour – from the cobbled streets and picturesque buildings down to the typical German restaurants and pubs.
Swakopmund is traditionally a holiday spot for locals and foreigners alike, with many opportunities for adventure sports and some good old-fashioned fun.
Swakopmund is an ideal place to relax after a few days in the desert; wash off the sand and sample some of the finely-brewed local beer and renowned Swakopmund fare such as fish, lobster and the utterly delicious Swakopmund oysters.
- Namibia‘s second largest town and traditional summer capital
- Cool temperate climate year round serves as a great escape from the summer temperatures
- Namibia’s premier holiday destination
- Cape Cross Tour -A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
- Quad Biking -2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) – you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary
- Swakopmund & Walvis Bay Sightseeing
- A half day your of these two coastal towns includes visits to historical buildings & monuments as well as the teeming birdlife of the Walvis Bay Lagoon
- The town with the strongest German influence
- Fishing-Everything from sharks to pilchards
Summer (October – April)
Min 20°C/68°F Max 40°C/104°F
Winter (May – September)
Min 0°C/32°F Max 23°C/73°F