Tucked between the mighty Zambezi and the rolling Limpopo River, Zimbabwe is best known for the magnificent spectacle of the Victoria Falls. Known as 'Mosi-oa-Tunya' or 'The Smoke That Thunders', this scenic natural spectacle has become known as the site of Africa's “Adrenalin Capital”. Thrilling white water rafting, bungee jumping, helicopter excursions and more are all available on the banks of the Zambezi.
Zimbabwe derives its name from the spectacular stone structures of the Great Zimbabwe ruins, a World Heritage Site with a mysterious origin. The country is home to another four World Heritage sites, including the rugged granite outcrops of the Matobo Hills, the spectacular conservation area of Mana Pools and the magnificent Victoria Falls.
The world's largest man-made reservoir, the vast waters of Lake Kariba are home to the fierce tiger fish, renowned among avid anglers, while herds of wildlife wander its shores.
This ultimate African safari, in the adventure holiday destination of Zimbabwe, will take you to Lake Kariba, the Bumi Hills and Victoria Falls.
Spend 9-days on a Zimbabwe safari exploring the Victoria Falls, Hwangwe National Park and Mana Pools National Park
Experience four of Zimbabwe’s best attractions, including the majestic Victoria Falls and Hwange National Park on this 12-day Zimbabwe safari.
Explore the best of Southern Africa on an 11-day tour that perfectly combines thrilling safari adventures and Cape Town attractions.
- Drift with the current on a sunset cruise and watch the life on the banks of the Zambezi slowly settle in for the night
- Travel back in time and savour the elegant ritual of high tea at the beautiful Edwardian-style Victoria Falls Hotel
- Get high on life with one adventure activity after another – white water rafting, abseiling, river boarding, jet boating, gorge swing, kayaking and canoeing
- The magnificent Zambezi River and breathtaking Victoria Falls - the largest curtain of water in the world
- Spectacular Lake Kariba, set in the heart of a wildlife haven
Rainfall November - March
- Best time to travelZimbabwe is an excellent year-round destination.
- Traveling with childrenZimbabwe is a terrific holiday destination with activities for the whole family. Victoria Falls and Lake Kariba are ideal for families as there is something for everyone.
- Guest SafetyIt is advised you check with your tour operator or hotel concierge - they will know if there are any potentially unsafe areas along your travel route.
- Flying to ZimbabweDaily scheduled flights link neighbouring countries with Zimbabwe. Domestic flights link Harare, Bulawayo and Victoria Falls. There are daily flights from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls and other destinations in Zimbabwe.
- LanguageThe official language of Zimbabwe is English. Other languages spoken include Ndebele and Shona.
- CurrencyUS Dollars and South African Rands are accepted however, notes dated before 2003 are no longer accepted.
- WildlifeLion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, antelope, zebra, giraffe, and great year-round birding.
Matetsi Private Game Reserve pays homage to the wonderfully rich cultural heritage of Zimbabwe by showcasing a vibrant theme of wood and copper.
A World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles and the stuff of legends, romance and myth.
The elephant stronghold of Hwange National Park is a game-rich area that was once the royal hunting grounds of the Ndebele warrior
Matusadona National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, where scenic landscapes range from flat plains to rugged mountains.
Covering an area of 5 000 square kilometres, the man-made Lake Kariba is a veritable inland sea located on the mighty Zambezi River.
The granite domes and castle kopjes of the Matobo Hills echo the essence of tranquillity and the majesty of untamed Africa.
From scheduled flights and transfers to self-drives and public transport, find out more on how to travel around Zimbabwe.
Find all the must-know travel requirements and destination information on Zimbabwe before you embark on your adventure.
We have gathered our most frequently asked travel questions on Zimbabwe to answer any queries you may have before you travel.
Ready to start planning your adventure?