Undeniably a jewel in the crown of South America’s must-see destinations, Peru’s enticing array of attractions are infinite. Celebrated for its medley of landscapes and ancient cultural heritage, this enchanting destination has something to offer every avid traveller. enthusiasts.
Outdoor and wildlife fanatics are equally spoilt for choice with fantastic explorations of the emerald jungles of the Amazon and journeys to one of the world’s deepest canyon, Colca, and Lake Titicaca featuring as unmissable highlights. Let’s not forget the cuisine; and oh, what wonderful delicacies await you.
Peru shines on the global gastronomy stage. Epicureans flock to cosmopolitan Lima, renowned as South America’s food capital, to immerse themselves in the city’s grand colonial architecture, whilst taunting their taste buds with mouth-watering dishes, influenced by local, Spanish, African and Asian flavours.
Journey to Peru, a destination for all ages, on an exceptional 7-day family tour through Lima, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco
- Embark on a culinary exploration in South America’s food capital, Lima.
- Explore the iconic ruins of Machu Picchu with a private guide, who will offer his own interpretation of how and why this enigmatic destination came to be.
- Stand in awe of Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake.
- Be adventurous and embark on a hiking, mountain biking or horseback riding activity in the dramatic landscapes of one of the world’s deepest canyons.
- Experience life along the Amazon River as you sail along several of the river's tributaries aboard a luxurious boat.
- Discover the Amazon rainforest’s rich biodiversity of birds, mammals, reptiles, insects and trees on a guided hike.
- Snap away at the awe-inspiring Nazca Lines whilst on a scenic flight.
Summer (December to March)
17°C/63°F to 27°C/80°F
Winter (June to September)
14°C/57°F to 17°C/63°F
The contrasting climate of Peru dramatically varies just like its landscapes. Temperatures fluctuate during the different seasons. Please view the individual destination pages for more information.
- Best time to travelThe best time to visit Peru is from May to October. The dry season boasts sunny days, bright skies and cool evenings.
- Travelling with childrenPeru is a great destination for families to explore. It has a multitude of attractions and adventures that will keep little ones enchanted.
- Guest SafetyPeru is a safe destination to travel to. As with most international destinations it is advisable to keep your belongings close and guarded at all times.
- Language and CurrencyPeru’s official language is Spanish. The Nuevo Sol is the official currency of Peru. ATMs are found throughout the country.
- Flying to PeruPeru is easily accessible, with many flights arriving daily from around the globe at Jorge Chávez International Airport, in Lima.
Travel to the Incan capital of Cusco, stand in awe of the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu and unwind in the tranquil Sacred Valley.
Revel in the pulsating and eclectic atmosphere of Argentina’s bustling capital, Buenos Aires, on an exclusive tour filled to the brim with adventure.
Explore the Amazon River on a fantastic boat cruise in Peru’s northern Amazon, and encounter an array of fauna and flora.
Ready to start planning your adventure?