Small in stature, yet abundant in its offerings, enchanting Ecuador is one of South America’s most sensational attractions. A must-see destination for any adventure traveller, Ecuador is filled-to-the-brim with a vibrant culture that still guards its pre-Incan and Spanish roots.
A dramatic patchwork of landscapes awaits. Here, visitors can explore the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, navigate their way around one of the country’s many volcanoes, put one foot on each side of the equator, don their explorer’s hat to travel deep within the Amazon, unwind on a pristine beach and, the highlight of any Ecuadorian itinerary, embark on an unforgettable cruise to the ecologically diverse Galapagos Islands.
Ecuador’s rich heritage is perfectly captured at its historic city centres of Quito and Cuenca, two UNESCO World Heritage Sites that magnificently showcase the region’s old world charm, with an impressive array of colonial architecture; think, picturesque and beautiful 17th century monasteries – a cultural and history enthusiast’s dream.
- Follow in Darwin’s footsteps and discover the Galapagos’ exceptional array of fauna and flora, in the company of an expert naturalist.
- Explore Quito, the world’s highest capital and Ecuador’s first city to host a UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site.
- Marvel at the striking blue-domed Cathedral Nueva and its jaw-dropping golden altar in Cuenca
- Discover the incredible diversity of the Amazon jungle on an array of adventures.
Summer (December to February)
10°C/50°F to 27°C/80°F
Winter (June to August)
-8°C/45°F to 12°C/54°F
- Best time to travelThe peak season for Ecuador is June to August, and December and January.
- Travelling with childrenEcuador is a safe destination to travel to. As with most international destinations it is advisable to keep your belongings close and guarded at all times.
- Language and CurrencyEcuador’s official language is Spanish. The Nuevo Sol is the official currency of Peru. ATMs are found throughout the country.
- Flying to EcuadorPeru is easily accessible, with many flights arriving daily from around the globe at Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito, or José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport in Guayaquil.