Botswana - from the crystal-clear waters of the Okavango Delta to the large elephant herds in the Chobe National Park and the unpredictable Savute Channel, which runs dry and floods seemingly at random. Blessed with some of Africa's most beautiful reserves and an array of exceptional wildlife, Botswana is an unforgettable safari destination.
The Okavango Delta is a magical oasis - water in the desert is a truly spectacular sight. The wide, grassy floodplains are host to a magnificent range of wild animals, including the specially adapted sitatunga and lechwe antelopes. Chobe National Park in Botswana is famed for having Africa's largest single concentration of elephant, while Moremi Game Reserve is renowned for its brilliant birdlife.
Explore Botswana on this spectacular luxury African safari that will take you to some of the country's most prized destinations!
This memorable tented African safari will take you to the Selinda Spillway, Victoria Falls and the pristine wildlife areas of Savute and Chobe.
Enjoy the ultimate in comfort on a mobile safari that travels through Botswana's most scenic wildlife areas.
Why Visit Botswana
- Vast stretches of untouched, unfenced wilderness with unrivalled game viewing
- One of the largest game populations in Southern Africa
- Annual zebra migration
- The Big Five as well as the rare and endangered African wild dog
- Over 600 indigenous bird species
- Home to the world’s largest inland delta and UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Okavango Delta
- The largest elephant herds in the world in Chobe National Park
- Over 3 500 San rock paintings at the World Heritage Site of the Tsodilo Hills
Rainfall: October/November - March
- Best time to travelYear-round
- Traveling with childrenThe recommended age for children on safari is six years and older, and some lodges do not take children under 12. &Beyond can advise you about the best family travel options.
- Guest SafetyBotswana is a very safe country to travel in, should you have any concerns please contact your Travel Consultant.
- Flying to BotswanaFrequent flights link Johannesburg to Gaborone, Maun and Kasane - the gateways to the national parks and wildlife areas.
- LanguageEnglish is widely spoken throughout Botswana.
- CurrencyThe currency is Pula (P); US Dollars are widely accepted
- WildlifeThe large concentration of wildlife in Botswana includes many different antelope species, elephants, buffaloes, predators like lion, cheetah, leopard, wild dog, brown and spotted hyena and over 1 075 species of birds. Six rhino were recently donated to Botswana through the &Beyond Rhinos Without Borders project.
Home to vast herds of elephant. Enjoy leisurely river cruises and game drives among the towering baobabs seeking out leopard and wild dog.
Explore the Okavango Delta by mokoro, on foot or on game drive. Its sparkling channels and flourishing wilderness teem with game.
The setting for epic clashes between lion and hyena, photographic marvel and game-rich paradise, Savute is one of the best-known names in safari.
Frequent flights link Johannesburg to Gaborone, Maun and Kasane - the gateways to the national parks and wildlife areas.
Botswana is one of the most stable & peaceful countries in Southern Africa but it helps to be aware of your surroundings.
A favourable exchange rate, superb accommodation and infrastructure, coupled with a safe and stable environment make this a great country to visit.