Your journey at a glance
Immerse yourself in this 7-day journey traversing the magnificence of Bhutan.
The ultimate Shangri-La, Bhutan is a spectacular tapestry of sweeping mountain ranges, fascinating flora and fauna, snow-capped peaks, and enchanting dzongs and monasteries. Buddhist figures adorn rugged cliffs and an ambience of tranquillity and serenity envelops the landscape.
Explore Thimphu and enjoy picturesque hikes to Tango Goenpa Monastery, the National Memorial Chorten containing statues and iconography of deities, and the enormous Shakyamuni Buddha statue. Gain insight into Bhutan’s arts and crafts and visit the impressive Voluntary Artists Studio, and drive past the Tashichho Dzong known as the “Fortress of the Glorious Religion”.
Discover the temple of the ‘Divine Madman’ at Chimi Lhakhang and hike to the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten in Punakha. Brave the rapids in the upper Punakha glacial valley and engage with nuns at the Sangchhen Dorji Lhendrup Lhakhang Nunnery. Explore the Ta Dzong displaying a magnificent collection of art, relics and religious thangkha paintings. Your journey culminates in Paro with a hike to the Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest).
This is one of the most revered Buddhist sights throughout the world. Embark on a captivating journey through this breathtaking country and discover its natural beauty and cultural riches.
07 Days | From USD 4,276
Please keep in mind that this tour can be tailormade by speaking to one of our Travel Specialists. Do note that there may be a significant difference in the high season tariffs.
- Accommodation on ONE TWIN / DOUBLE ROOM in hotels as mentioned in the QUOTE.
- All transfers as mentioned in a private vehicle, and sightseeing.
- Sightseeing tour will be provided as per the itinerary with the English-speaking Bhutanese Guide and in a private Vehicle.
- All entrance and monuments fees.
- Visa fees for Bhutan only.
- All current taxes as on date – subject to change as per hotel/airline/Government policy.
- Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary also includes wellness activities on a complimentary basis – Doctor consultation, Massages, Yoga, Meditation, cooking lessons, etc.
What's not included
- Any Airfare.
- Tipping to guides and drivers.
- Any Insurance and rescue of any form.
- Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control.
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost.
- Any international air fare/airport taxes not mentioned above
- Hotel surcharges during festival period
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any airfare for domestic flights other than the quoted details.
- Any cost of the meals other than the one indicated in room meal plan.
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified.
- Validity periods are as specified in the downloadable PDF; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Prices are subject to change as per change in Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you &Beyond India Private Ltd. is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by &Beyond India.
- &Beyond India cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. However management of the establishment will be able to assist with guidelines
- &Beyond reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond &Beyond’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- &Beyond strongly recommends that the guests insure themselves against loss of deposit, cancellation charges, medical expenses and loss of personal possessions, and any other foreseeable loss or expense.
- The rates quoted are subject to change.
- &Beyond trading terms apply
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2 Thimphu
- Fly into Paro and marvel at the aerial scenery of the Himalayas, Paro River, and icy glacier peaks below.
- Visit Tamchog Lhakhang, the temple dedicated to a 13th-century saint
- Explore Thimphu and visit the National Memorial Chorten, one of the most visible religious structures in Thimphu.
- Marvel at the huge Buddha statue Buddha Dordenma
- Observe the fascinating Takin, Bhutan’s national animal
- Meander through rhododendron forests on a hike to Tango Goenpa Monastery.
- Visit the Institute for Zorig Chusum (Arts and Crafts school) and the Weaving Centre and Textile Museum.
- Make your own paper at the Jungshi paper making factory using ancient traditional methods.
- Visit the Tashichho Dzong known as the “Fortress of the Glorious Religion”, serving as a winter residence and housing the throne room of His Majesty, the King of Bhutan.
Day 3-4: Punakha
- Stop on Dochula Pass to visit the 108 stupas built in honour of the fallen Bhutanese soldiers.
- Enjoy a hike to Chimi Lhakhang, a temple dedicated to the ‘Divine Madman’, adorned with phallic symbols and where women struggling to conceive are said to be blessed with fertility.
- Visit the Punakha Dzong, widely acknowledged as the most artistic and beautiful Dzong in Bhutan where every Bhutanese king has been crowned and where it is still in use as the winter residence of the official monk body of the kingdom.
- Meander through the butterfly trail and observe farmlands and forests.
- Relish a picnic breakfast at the top of Khamsum Yuelley and explore the temple.
- Embark on a thrilling rafting experience on the Pho Chu River.
- Journey through the most scenic and secluded area, featuring incredibly blue water, breathtaking alpine scenery, and the chance of seeing one of the world’s rarest birds – the White-bellied Heron.
- Drive to the Sangchhen Dorji Lhendrup Lhakhang Nunnery.
Day 5-6: Paro
- Visit Ta Dzong or the national museum, where a spectacular collection of religious Thangka paintings, art, relics and postage stamps are on display.
- Explore a masterpiece of architecture, Paro Rinpung Dzong, with enormous buttressed walls looming over the town.
- Gain insight into the lifestyle of a local farmer and visit a colourful, traditional farmhouse.
- Hike to the iconic Tiger’s Nest and marvel at the beauty of the surroundings including the gorge and waterfall.
- Enter the Tiger’s Nest, one of the most hallowed of all Buddhist sights around the world.
Day 7: Departure
After breakfast, you will be chauffeured to Paro Airport to board your onward flight, as your journey comes to an end.
Tailormake your journey
Add these must-do experiences
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming