CHOOSE THE LEVEL OF PRIVACY THAT WORKS FOR YOU
EXPERIENCE TANZANIA'S HIGHLIGHTS PRIVATELY
LUXURY PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
PRIVATE ACTIVITIESAND EXPERIENCES
Your journey at a glance
A captivating 10-day itinerary that takes you through a magnificent country.
Explore the wonders of Tanzania’s on this exceptional 10-day, privately guided, overland safari.
Accompanied by an &Beyond private guide throughout, you can expect fascinating insight about three of the region’s main attractions. Discover the wonders of Lake Manyara National Park and unwind in a luxurious treehouse at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge. Peer over the rim of the iconic Ngorongoro Crater and immerse yourself in the award-winning surrounds of &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge. Your adventure culminates in the endless plains of the Serengeti for thrilling wildlife encounters at Serengeti National Park.
The exclusivity of your private safari vehicle, customised to offer a more spacious interior, private accommodation with minimal interaction with staff and other guests as well as the company of an &Beyond private guide, ensures a truly unrivalled East Africa safari.
1 night Arusha | 2 nights Lake Manyara National Park | 2 nights Ngorongoro Crater | 4 nights Serengeti National Park
STAY IN A PRIVATE SUITE, FAMILY SUITE OR HAVE SOLE-USE OF THE LODGE
No matter which option you choose, your sole-use accommodation includes a dedicated butler, chef and safari host, your ideal home-away-from-home.
PRIVATE OVERLAND TRANSFERS
If crowds make you nervous, we have you covered. Logistics throughout the destination are in your own vehicle guaranteeing an exclusive experience.
TAILORMADE ADVENTURES WITH YOUR PRIVATE GUIDE
With your own dedicated ranger and tracker team, in your own private 4×4 safari vehicle, a private safari lets you create your very own tailormade wildlife adventure.
ADDITIONAL PRIVATE EXPERIENCES
CHOOSE FROM A WIDE RANGE OF ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES
Safaris and nature walks are included in your rate, but there are a wide variety of incredible life-changing private experiences that can be enjoyed throughout your stay at an additional cost.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Arrival in Arusha, Tanzania
- Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member from our &Beyond team that will drive you to Machweo Wellness Retreat.
- What to expect on the overland vehicle: Four/Six seats that are extra wide, larger more comfortable and are able to recline. Extended vehicle, providing more space for guests and extra comfort. Aircon that pushes from the front seats into the back of the vehicle. The option to have fold out windows on a 4 seater and sliding windows on the 6 seaters, un-interrupted views from a seated position. Pop up roof, allowing you the option of standing in the vehicle. A drinks fridge in the vehicle stocked to personal preference. Charging stations per seat for cameras, phones or tablets, bean bag to rest their camera on, to ensure better picture quality. A pair of binoculars per guest. Awning for picnic stops for extra shade, comfortable and elaborate picnic/ drinks set ups and exceptional &Beyond trained and most experienced Tanzanian guides.
- Renowned for its culinary excellence and fine dining, guests can savour exceptional meals accompanied by the finest wines.
- The floodlit pool and the lawn bar are the perfect spots for guests to unwind and simply enjoy the colourful gardens and serenity of the surroundings.
Day 2-3: Lake Manyara National Park
- A member from our &Beyond team will drive you, and fellow guests, from Machweo Wellness Retreat to &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge.
- Hop in a safari vehicle and explore the Lake Manyara National Park, famous for its unusual tree-climbing lions and the vast elephant families it was established to protect. View the shores of the lake, encrusted with seasonal pink flamingo, attracting more than 400 species of waterfowl and migrant birds. Observe playful olive baboon troops, giraffes gazing over leafy trees, massive buffalo bulls in muddy shallows, lions, hippos and elusive leopards and Cape clawless otter are also occasionally encountered.
- Take a leisurely afternoon bike ride through the nearby Mayoka community hosted throughout by an expert &Beyond guide. Guests can cycle through this bustling village and interact with the friendly, local people. They may even cross paths with the nomadic Mang’ati tribe (also known as the Datooga tribe), adorned with traditional animal skin cloaks, textured skirts and colourful beads.
- Paddle on a picturesque route to the lakeshore and admire bright pink flocks of flamingos.
- Scan the tops of trees on thrilling night game drives. &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge is one of the few places in Tanzania where guests can experience evening game drives, and the opportunity to encounter sightings of nocturnal predators.
- Explore more of Lake Manyara bustling with a variety of cultures from around Tanzania, the little town of Mto Wa Mbu lies at the entrance to Lake Manyara National Park. A local agricultural hub, it is famous for its crops of rice and distinctive red bananas. A half-day tour of the town in the company of a local guide gives travellers the opportunity to interact with local farmers, as well as artisans, craftsmen and painters. A sampling of the local banana beer adds a unique taste of local flavour.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater
- Your private guide will drive with you from &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge to &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge. This comprises a game drive through Lake Manyara National Park for approximately 3 hours and then an additional 1.5 hour drive to the Ngorongoro Conservation area.
- You will be met by a member from our &Beyond team who will drive you from Manyara Airstrip to &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge. (Approximately 1.5 hours).
- &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge has been called the game lodge at the top of the world. Between the natural riches of the Crater spread out at its feet and the incredible architecture, it’s easy to believe that you have entered a realm of pure fantasy.
- If you are after the Big Five, it is all here waiting for you. Black rhino, tusker elephants, lion, leopard and hyena along with healthy herds of wildebeest, buffalo and zebra. Other wildlife includes serval cat, cheetah, jackal, Grant’s and Thompson’s gazelle, flamingo and bat-eared foxes, as well as approximately 400 species of colourful birds.
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater
- Enjoy spectacular game drives in the Crater that has formed its own ecosystem due to its enclosed nature. For wildlife viewing, it is one place where you can certainly tick all the boxes. Sublime scenery, abundant wildlife, it’s very own distinctive Lerai Forest comprised of yellow fever trees and Lake Magadi, a shallow soda lake with pink flamingos congregating on the shoreline.
Day 6-9: Serengeti National Park
- Today you head off to the Serengeti National Park, enjoy a picnic lunch on route served at a scenic location.
- Escape the crowds on this private concession with access to the Serengeti. This strategic wildlife sanctuary borders the Serengeti, with wildlife moving through these areas. With only &Beyond vehicles on sightings, sensitive off-road driving, enables us to get closer to the game.
- For those looking for an active thrill beyond the excitement of Big Five sightings on a game drive vehicle, a guided bush walk offers an opportunity to connect with the African bush, learning about its fascinating fauna and flora.
- Add another dimension to your daily game drives and enter the world of Africa’s nocturnal predators on a thrilling night drive.
Day 10: Departure
- Today, we wave a fond farewell.
- After breakfast, you will be driven to the airstrip where you will take a flight back to Kilimanjaro International Airport, where you will board your flight home.