Food and Wine
Your journey at a glance
Embark on an unforgettable 8-day journey through the Atacama Desert, Santiago and Pucón, three of Chile’s most contrasting landscapes.
Your adventure kicks off in the desolate Atacama Desert, the aridest desertscape in the world, and a place of dramatic, exotic beauty. Explore San Pedro de Atacama, a silent witness to the passage of time, considered to be the archaeological capital of Chile. Observe strutting flurries of flamingos in the shallows at the Los Flamencos National Reserve salt flats, and marvel at the craggy terrain of Moon Valley, a lunar landscape of exquisite rock formations.
The next leg of your adventure whisks you away to spellbinding Santiago. Discover a heady mix of exclusive boutiques, sprawling shopping centres, magnificent architecture, theatres, art galleries, fine dining options, nightlife, and bustling markets. Get acquainted with Santiago’s barrios and explore Barrio Italia, famous for the creativity of its residents. The captivating Barrio Lastarria alive with artists, musicians and writers, and Barrio Bellavista boasting a bohemian, vibrant ambience.
Your journey culminates just outside the adventure capital of Chile, Pucón. Offering the best in exciting exploits, dive into myriad of 39 activities including rafting, hiking, skiing, kayaking, horseback riding and fly-fishing. Relax in thermal springs and marvel at gorgeous national parks. Discover the fascinating Mapuche culture and explore the traditional Mapuche way of life in this landscape where volcanoes, mountains, and lakes create one of the most beautiful natural landscapes Chile has to offer.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1 - 4: Atacama Desert
- You will be welcomed by your local representative who will assist you with your connecting flight to Calama. Upon your arrival in Calama you will have a transfer to your hotel.
- You will have two full days to enjoy the myriad excursions available in the Atacama
- Strap on your boots for various scenic hikes. Discover the Moon Valley, walk along a river through a beautiful canyon, and venture to the hot springs of Puritama to relax weary muscles
- Explore the Los Flamencos National Reserve, home to flamboyant flamingos
- Gaze up to the skies and spend an evening stargazing with an astronomer
- Visit the famous El Taito Geysers, bypassing the Alto Plano lakes which provides an excellent birdwatching opportunity
- Hop onto the saddle for a bicycle excursion in the desert
Day 4 - 5: Santiago
- In the afternoon, enjoy a tour dedicated to highlighting the contrasts between the older, more centrally located areas, and the modern uptown stretch of Santiago. The adventure will be conducted in chronological order, allowing you the opportunity to understand the origins of the city, and the urban sprawl over the past 200 years, when Santiago morphed from town to great metropolis
- Focal points will include Cerro Santa Lucía, where the city was founded in 1542, the Plaza de Armas, the Central Market, Estación Mapocho (a former railway station), and La Moneda, the Presidential Palace. The second half of the tour will take you to the residential areas of Providencia and Ñuñoa, and the cosmopolitan financial district of Las Condes, before reaching La Dehesa which lies at the foothills of the Andes, and offers a superb vantage point for a panoramic view of the city
Day 5-8: Lake District
- Be spoilt for choice with myriad adventures hosted by knowledgeable and engaging guides at &Beyond Vira Vira, including horseback riding, trekking, fly fishing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, skiing, and scenic helicopter flights. The list is seemingly endless with fly fishing, mountain biking, and a variety of water sports. All excursions are specifically tailored according to your interests and fitness levels
- Dine on sublime cuisine with the ‘farm-to-table’ concept of producing everything required for the award-winning restaurant at &Beyond Vira Vira
- Gain insight into the fascinating local Mapuche people
- Gaze up at the magnificent blanket of stars whilst relaxing in one of the two lodge hot tubs, enjoy wellness retreats, therapies and massages in the spa, and balance your chakras with daily yoga classes
- Curl up with a good book in the library, and for a spot of retail therapy, peruse beautiful items in the &Beyond Shop
Day 8: Departure
- Today, we wave a fond farewell as you are collected after breakfast and transferred to Temuco Airport for your flight to Santiago International Airport
- Upon landing, an andBeyond representative will be waiting to assist you with the connection to your international flight onwards