Undeniably a jewel in the crown of South America’s must-see destinations, Peru’s enticing array of attractions are infinite. Celebrated for its medley of landscapes and ancient cultural heritage, this enchanting destination has something to offer every avid traveller. enthusiasts.
Outdoor and wildlife fanatics are equally spoilt for choice with fantastic explorations of the emerald jungles of the Amazon and journeys to one of the world’s deepest canyon, Colca, and Lake Titicaca featuring as unmissable highlights. Let’s not forget the cuisine; and oh, what wonderful delicacies await you.
Peru shines on the global gastronomy stage. Epicureans flock to cosmopolitan Lima, renowned as South America’s food capital, to immerse themselves in the city’s grand colonial architecture, whilst taunting their taste buds with mouth-watering dishes, influenced by local, Spanish, African and Asian flavours.
- Embark on a culinary exploration in South America’s food capital, Lima.
- Explore the iconic ruins of Machu Picchu with a private guide, who will offer his own interpretation of how and why this enigmatic destination came to be.
- Stand in awe of Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake.
- Be adventurous and embark on a hiking, mountain biking or horseback riding activity in the dramatic landscapes of one of the world’s deepest canyons.
- Experience life along the Amazon River as you sail along several of the river’s tributaries aboard a luxurious boat.
- Discover the Amazon rainforest’s rich biodiversity of birds, mammals, reptiles, insects and trees on a guided hike.
- Snap away at the awe-inspiring Nazca Lines whilst on a scenic flight
Summer (December to March)
17°C/63°F to 27°C/80°F
Winter (June to September)
14°C/57°F to 17°C/63°F
The contrasting climate of Peru dramatically varies just like its landscapes. Temperatures fluctuate during the different seasons. Please view the individual destination pages for more information.