Why visit Livingstone?
This charming colonial town, named after the legendary Victorian missionary and explorer Dr David Livingstone, was once the bustling capital of Zambia.
Established in 1905 as the country’s key European settlement, it enjoyed the excellent facilities synonymous with high society – the town still boasts the elegant Edwardian architecture of this era.
Today, Livingstone acts as Zambia’s adventure gateway, as it is conveniently situated near the mighty Zambezi River and the breathtaking Victoria Falls.
- Zambia’s most popular tourist destination and a very historical town
- Cecil John Rhodes built an empire here by obtaining mining concessions around 1889. The region was ruled by the BSAC (British South African Company) which was established in 1924 by Rhodes
- Zambia’s adventure gateway offers a host of adrenalinepumping activities for thrill-seekers!
- Gaze in awe at Africa’s largest waterfall, the majestic Victoria Falls
- Visit Chief Mukuni’s village for a wonderful introduction to the daily customs of the local tribe
Summer (May – August)
Min 20°C/68°F Max 38°C/86°F
Winter (November – April) (Rainy Season)
Min 15°C/66°F Max 25°C/77°F
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
Talk to a Travel Specialist and tailormake your journey
Use the filters below to browse our selection of hand-picked travel ideas in this iconic destination
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming