A spectacular destination for diving, snorkelling and swimming enthusiasts – the large bay of Tangalle is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular attractions.
Beautiful retreats hug the coastline whilst a towering 211 metre rock (similar to Sigiriya) that features a dogba (mound-like structure) overlooks the bay.
The beach at Rekawa village, just 10km away, is an important sea turtle nesting site. Not to be missed is an excursion to the Kaametiya Bird Sanctuary.
- Not to be missed is an excursion to the Kaametiya Bird Sanctuary.
- A fantastic beach destination for the whole family to enjoy.
- Perfect destination for diving, snorkelling or swimming enthusiasts
Year round destination
30°C / 86°F to 33°C / 91°F
As Sri Lanka is close to the equator , Tangalle experiences uniform weather throughout the year -except for the two months of rain (monsoon).
- Best time to travel Year round
- Wildlife Dolphin, whales, excellent birding
- Languages Sinhala, Tamil and English are all officially recognised languages.
- Flying to Tangalle Bandaranaike International Airport at Katunayake is the International Airport for Sri Lanka - serviced by flights from the UK, Middle East, India, Singapore and Europe.
- Currency Sri Lankan Rupee
Ready to start planning your adventure?
Located in a mature coconut grove, fronting a crescent-shaped beach, Amanwella is a seaside resort offering 30 contemporary suites, each with private