Explore Sri Lanka
Spectacular Sri Lanka is lapped on all sides by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean and is situated just off the southern tip of India. White sandy beaches, flanked with palm trees and bamboo groves, await sun worshippers whilst further inland, colonial charm combines with the grand ruins of ancient kingdoms.
Portuguese, Dutch and British influences remain visible in the architecture and forts of Sri Lanka’s cities, while the ancient capitals of the Lankan civilisation attract visitors to their crumbling temples and magnificent Buddhist statues.
As you venture deep into Sri Lanka's hill country, you will be welcomed by misty mornings that clear to reveal rolling hills carpeted with lush, green plantations that produces some of the world's finest tea.
The high mountain ranges of the south are covered with dense forests and punctuated by tumbling waterfalls. The country's many nature reserves are home to wild elephant and secretive leopard, while water buffalo roam freely in the paddy fields and pink flamingo wade through clear lagoon waters.
Sri Lanka Itineraries
This 9 night itinerary, combines the discovery of the 400-year old Galle Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
About Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a walking tour of the capital city's historical Fort and Pettah districts
- Learn about the city's colonial past
- Visit historical sites such as the Dutch Period Museum and the Dutch Reformed Church
- Sample some fiery street food
- Recap your walk over iced cold beers at the Dutch Hospital Complex
30°C / 86°F to 33°C / 91°F
Rainfall varies regionally.
- Best time to travelIt’s a year round destination with its uniform weather and wonderful restaurants and historical sites.
- Traveling with childrenSri Lanka is a great family destination. There are activities for children of all ages and plenty of adventure for the whole family.
- Guest SafetyPlease do not drink tap water, always use bottled water for drinking. It is always prudent to avoid displaying valuable items in public.
- LanguageSinhala Language, Tamil Language
- CurrencySri Lankan Rupee
Colombo is the largest city on the island and is the industrial and cultural capital of Sri Lanka.
An important and established Buddhist site, Kandy was formerly known as the city of Senkadagalapura.