Travel to beautiful Rishikesh, the gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas and the renowned “Yoga and Adventure Capital” of India.
Thronged with ashrams, temples, shrines, pilgrims and sadhus (spiritual men), Rishikesh is marked by an atmosphere uniquely its own. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas in Northern India, it is known as the Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas.
Rishikesh is good starting point for treks to a number of Himalayan pilgrimage centres. It is also renowned as the “Yoga Capital of the World” and is where the legendary band, The Beatles, resided with their guru.
- Take in the spectacular scenery of the region which provides exceptional photographic opportunities.
- Unwind with a relaxing Ayurvedic treatment with the mighty Himalayas as your backdrop or take a yoga and meditation class.
- Be adventurous and embark on fun-filled excursions such as adrenaline-pumping river rafting on the Ganges, rock climbing and bungee jumping.
Min 25°C/77°F Max 45 C/113'F
Min 5°C/41°F Max 25°C/77°F
- Best time to travel October to March
- Languages India has over 22 languages spoken across its 28 States and 7 Union Territories. However English and Hindi are its official languages. English is spoken and understood across the country.
- Flying to Rishikesh Take a one hour flight from Delhi to Dehradun. Upon landing, guests will be driven from Dehradun to Rishikesh (approx. 40 minutes).
- Currency Indian Rupee
Explore the exceptional Bandhavgarh National Park, which boasts one of India’s highest concentrations of tigers.
Discover the natural wonders of Kanha National Park, which boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species.
Ready to start planning your adventure?