Explore South Africa
Situated at the tip of the African continent and surrounded by two oceans, South Africa boasts breathtaking scenery, quaint coastal villages and cosmopolitan cities that can all be combined with a truly exhilarating Big Five South African safari.
Consistently voted as one of the top tourist destinations around the world, South Africa is home to one of the world's biggest nature reserves, the renowned Kruger National Park, as well as one of the most beautiful and scenic cities, Cape Town.
South Africa Tours
A self-drive adventure exploring South Africa's beautiful Cape Town, Cape Whale Coast, and the Garden Route, ending with a luxury African Safari.
This 11-day Africa safari and coastal exploration offers the unforgettable opportunity to witness the Safari Big 5 and Marine Big 5.
This African safari combines a trip to one of South Africa’s best known Big Five game reserves with a beach holiday in scenic, laid-back Cape Town.
Explore the best of Southern Africa on an 11-day tour that perfectly combines thrilling safari adventures and Cape Town attractions.
About South Africa
- Toast the sunset from the flat top of Table Mountain.
- Follow nocturnal wildlife on exhilarating spotlit night drives, in South Africa’s Big Five wilderness areas.
- Devour fresh oysters by the two dozen in Knysna.
- Discover South Africa’s historical battlefields, and track black and white rhino in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Float silently over the Pilanesberg in a hot air balloon.
Rainfall varies regionally.
- Best time to travelYear-round provides plenty to do with various festivals occuring monthly.
- Traveling with childrenSouth Africa is a great family destination. There are activities for children of all ages and plenty of adventure for the whole family.
- Guest SafetyIn terms of personal safety, the same rules apply as to every international destination in the world. Keep your belongings close and guarded at all times, don’t go wandering about alone at night and, when in the cities, be on the alert for pickpockets.
- Flying to South AfricaThere are many different ways of travelling to South Africa, but most visitors fly to Johannesburg or to Cape Town. Once in the country, different modes of transport are safe to use and are recommended.
- LanguageEnglish is widely spoken throughout the country even though South Africa has eleven official languages - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Swati, Sotho, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Northern Sotho and Southern Ndebele
- CurrencyATMs are found throughout the country, at petrol stations and shopping centres. The currency is the South African Rand. R1 is made up of 100 cents. Please check with your hotel for daily exchange rates. No other currencies are accepted.
- WildlifeVisit one of the many pristine Big 5 reserves for world-class game viewing in the company of some of the world’s best safari guides.
The world-famous Kruger National Park is South Africa’s largest game reserve and one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries on the planet.
&Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in subtropical northern KwaZulu-Natal, with close proximity to the warm Indian Ocean.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southwestern corner of the world-famous Kruger National Park and is world renowned.
Immerse the senses in Cape Town, a scenic melting pot of cultures. Bright as a rainbow and humming with history, food, and friendly people.
From scheduled flights and transfers to self-drives and public transport, find out more on how to travel around South Africa.
Find all the must-know travel requirements and destination information on South Africa before you embark on your adventure.
We have gathered our most frequently asked travel questions on South Africa to answer any queries you may have before you travel.
Ready to start planning your adventure?