Explore The Maldives
The spectacular Maldives is a breathtaking paradise that consists of a double chain of 26 atolls in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Here, surrounded by deep blue water, flourishing coral reefs and powder white beaches, this destination is a utopia for sipping on delicious cocktails whilst lounging in a hammock or, for those slightly more active, exploring the many marvels the surrounding waters have to offer such as the vivid coral reef - just a stone’s throw away.
About The Maldives
- At Hammerhead Point, on the edge of the Maldives’ Rashoo Atoll, you can swim with hammerhead sharks at a depth of almost 30 metres (98 feet).
- Private Blind Dining Experience - The Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa offers a novel sumptuous three-course feast, where guests are blindfolded to heighten their senses!
- Experience exceptional sightings of dolphin and whales. You will have the opportunity to view anywhere from 1 500 to 2 500 individual whales and dolphins - at any given time of the year. There are 10 to 12 different species of whales and dolphins that call the coral reefs of the Maldives home.
- At the Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, revel in one of their glorious signature treatments inspired by India’s ancient royalty.
- The Maldives is the lowest country in the world. Its ground level is averaged at 1.5 meters (4 feet 11 inches), and its highest point, a certain spot on the Villingili Island, stands at 2.3 meters (7 feet 7 inches), is the lowest on the planet.
The average temperature stays around 30 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
The Maldives has two distinct seasons; dry season (north-east monsoon) and wet season (south-west monsoon), with the former extending from January to March and the latter from mid-May to November.
- Flying to The MaldivesThe main airlines flying in from Europe are the UK, German and Italian charter flights, which fly direct.
- WildlifeExcellent assortment of whale and dolphin species. Diverse marine life on coral reefs.
- Best time to travelThe best time to visit is during the dry season (December to April) before the wet season hits (May to November). Scuba divers should visit in April when the waters are at their clearest.
- Guest SafetyThe Maldives is a very safe destination to visit. As with travelling to any foreign area, it is wise to keep your belongings close and guarded at all times and is advised that you check with your travel agent.
- LanguageEnglish is widely spoken in the Maldives.
- Traveling with childrenThis is a wonderful destination for children to experience.
Enhance Your Experience With
- Swim with whale sharks and hammerhead sharks.
- Treat yourself to a first-class spa treatment.
- Learn to scuba dive and receive a PADI certification in some of the world’s finest waters.
- Sail to an uninhabited island for a day and enjoy your secluded paradise with your partner.
The main airlines flying in from Europe are the UK, German & Italian charter flights which fly direct.
Find all the must-know travel requirements and destination information on the Maldives before you embark on your adventure.
We have gathered our most frequently asked travel questions on the Maldives to answer any queries you may have before you travel.
Ready to start planning your adventure?