Explore The Maldives
The spectacular Maldives is breathtaking paradise that consists of a double chain of 26 atolls in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Here, surrounded by deep blue water, flourishing coral reefs and powder white beaches, this destination is a utopia for sipping on delicious cocktails whilst lounging in a hammock or, for those slightly more active, exploring the many marvels the surrounding waters have to offer such as the vivid coral reef - just a stone’s throw away.
About The Maldives
- Maldives is the lowest country in the world. Its ground level is averaged at 1.5 meters (4 feet 11 inches), and its highest point, a certain spot on the Villingili Island, stands at 2.3 meters (7 feet 7 inches), is the lowest on the planet.
- Visitors to the Maldives are requested to obey and respect Muslim traditions while on the islands. Alcohol is prohibited everywhere - except resort hotels where the beverages cannot be taken off the resort’s property.
- Experience exceptional sightings of dolphin and whales. You will have the opportunity to view anywhere from 1 500 to 2 500 individual whales and dolphins - at any given time of the year. There are 10 to 12 different species of whales and dolphins that call the coral reefs of the Maldives home.
The average temperature stays around 30 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
Maldives has two distinct seasons; dry season (northeast monsoon) and wet season (southwest monsoon), with the former extending from January to March and the latter from mid-May to November.
- Best time to travelThe weather in the Maldives is exactly what you expect from your tropical paradise. Pleasant temperatures all year round, characterized by two main weather conditions in the Maldives; the dry season (between end of October until end of March), brought about by the northeast winter monsoon, and the rainy season (between end of April and end of October), caused by the southwest summer monsoon. However like Mnemba Island, Maldives is also a year round destination, which has a high season and low season. The only month that you can avoid is July, when you may not get at least 8 hrs of bright sunshine.
- Traveling with childrenThis is a wonderful destination for children to experience.
- Guest SafetyThe Maldives is a very safe destination to visit. As with travelling to any foreign area, it is wise to keep your belongings close and guarded at all times and is advised that you check with your travel agent.
- Flying to The MaldivesMaldives can be easily reached from India, Sri Lanka, UAE, and other parts of South East Asia. Even Australia and New Zealand are connected to this Island. From Europe there are a many direct flight Charter services available.
- LanguageEnglish is widely spoken in the Maldives.
- WildlifeExcellent assortment of whale and dolphin species. Diverse marine life on coral reefs.
The main airlines flying in from Europe are the UK, German & Italian charter flights which fly direct.
Maldives is a wonderful destination to combine with the Cultural and Wildlife highlights of neighboring Sri Lanka OR a Tiger Safari in India.
View our Frequently Asked Questions when considering your visit to The Maldives.