Nairobi is Kenya’s capital City, it is one of the largest and most influential cities in Africa, an important commercial and financial regional hub
The only city in the world with a national park on its doorstep, Nairobi is the hub of East Africa and packed with unique attractions
- Nairobi is Kenya’s capital City, it is one of the largest and most influential cities in Africa, an important commercial and financial regional hub for East Africa.
- The only capital city in the world which boasts a National Park - Nairobi National Park.
- Port of entry for most travellers to Kenya and Tanzania.
- A populaton of approximately 3,5 million
- The name ""Nairobi" comes from the Maasai phrase Enkare Nyrobi, which translates to "cold water".
- Home to one of Kenya's most loved attractions: Karen Blixen, Giraffe Centre & Daphne Sheldrick Tour
Min 20°C/68°F Max 34°C/94°F
Min 11°C/52°F Max 25°C/77°F
- Best time to travelYear Round.
- Traveling with ChildrenKenya offers wonderful value for families, with many properties running specialised children’s programmes. Please note that there may be age limits for game drives, walking safaris and adventure activities.
- WildlifeOver 80 species of mammals can be found in Nairobi National Park including gazelles, buffaloes, warthogs, lions, cheetahs, leopards, zebras, giraffes and ostriches. Most animals live in the park seasonally and migrate according to the time of the year, the rhinos stay in the park all the year round.
- LanguagesMore than 40 ethnic languages are spoken in Kenya, although the national language is Swahili. Most Kenyans also understand English.
- Flying to NairobiNairobi is the main airport for international flights.
- CurrencyKenyan Shilling (KS) or US Dollar (USD)
Enhance Your Experience With
- Game Drives & Guided Walks
- Nairobi National Park Excursions
- Karen Blixen/Giraffe Centre/Daphne Sheldrick Tour
- 7 and a half hours in Nairobi
- The Carnivore Gourmet Experience "Meat Eaters Paradise"
- Full/Half Day Nairobi City Tour
Ready to start planning your adventure?
The Emakoko is situated on 15 acres of land demarcated by the Mbagathi on one side and the Emakoko River on the other side.
Hemingways Nairobi is a mere 40 minutes from Nairobi’s international airport, comfortably spread across rolling grounds in the famed suburb of Karen
The elegant Palacina Suites is tucked away in the tranquil gardens of the State House Valley within the vibrant city of Nairobi.
Situated Southwest of Kenya, covering an area of 1 510 km2, the Masai Mara is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife, and endless plains.
Tucked away between Tsavo West National Park and Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park boasts striking and diverse landscapes.