- Enjoy dazzling views of some of world’s highest glacial peaks, such as Mount Everest.
- View the Tamchogg Lakhang Temple, when crossing the river on an ancient iron bridge that was reconstructed from original chain links used by the famous Tibetan bridge builder, Thangtong Gyelpo.
- Appreciate the beauty of Bhutan fabric at the Weaving Centre and Textile Museum.
- Visit the Folk Heritage Museum and glimpse into the lifestyle of the traditional Bhutanese.
- Discover the gigantic Buddha Dordenma, a massive Buddha statue that brims with over 100 000 smaller Buddha statues.
- Dress up for dinner in traditional clothing and enjoy a cultural program with Bhutanese performances.
- Delve into tools of meditation from both Buddhist and Vedantic teachings.
- Balance your chakras with yoga and Zen walking, and focus on your breathing with silent meditation.
- Enjoy a short hike to Cheri Goenpa, used by understudy monks to complete their meditation before they are ordained as monks.
- Peruse colourful handicraft shops selling beautiful locally made artefacts.
- Visit Dochu La Pass and the 108 stupas built in honour of fallen Bhutanese soldiers.
- Enjoy energy releasing (Shakti Bandha) yoga classes and breath awareness exercises overlooking mountains and valleys.
- Hike to the famous fertility temple of Chimi Lhakhang, dedicated to the great yogi of the 14th century, known as Drukpa Kuenley (the ‘Divine Madman’)
- Delight in a laughter yoga session, a very therapeutic form of reducing stress and anger.
- Trek to the majestic views of Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten, built by Her Majesty the Queen Ashi Tshering Yangdon for the protection of the country.
- Visit the beautiful Punakha Dzong, the second largest of Bhutan’s Dzongs, and for many years its seat of government.
- Soak in the beautiful views of the Gangtey Valley.
- Explore Gangtey Goemba (monastery), which enjoys the valley’s prime real estate, on a forested hill overlooking the green expanse of the entire Phobjikha Valley.
- Walk along the Gangtey Nature Trail, and cross streams and rhododendron gardens into the Sumchubara Village.
- Enjoy a Japanese form of mindful walking called Forest Bathing or ‘Shinrin Yoku’.
- Immerse yourself into a sound bath with Tibetan singing bowls.
- Join the session on how to make tsa-tsa, a popular way to commemorate and remember those who have passed away.
- Unwind with a hot stone bath in the valley.
- Head to the Shedra Monastic School and participate in a meditation session with monks.
- Sink into serenity with yoga sessions and Zen walking.
- Explore an authentic farmhouse and gain insight into the lifestyle of a farmer.
- Visit Kyichu Lhakhang, the oldest temple in Bhutan, and pray for the benefit of loved ones by offering 1000 butter lamps which can be collectively donated for.
- Enjoy a Buddhist meditation called Metta of Loving Kindness.
- Hike to the Taktshang (Tiger’s Nest Monastery), a venerated and sacred Buddhist sight on the edge of a steep cliff.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
Explore Small Group Journeys in Africa
Channel your inner travel addict
You’re just 5 easy (and fun) steps away from creating your ideal Travel Dream Board.
Step 1: Select which part of the planet you wish to explore
Step 2: Clarify what kind of traveller you are
Step 3: Tick off those grand bucket list experiences that will fire your imagination
Step 4: Log in to create and add to your Dream Board
Step 5: Share & start dreaming