Zika Virus Revised Cancellation Policy
In light of the recent spread of the Zika virus across both North and South America, and the various travel advisory announcements issued, &Beyond would like to assist in alleviating the concerns you may have regarding travel to the continents’ affected regions.
What we know about the virus:
- Only two countries across North and South America are free from the Aedes mosquito, which transmits the Zika virus; namely Canada and Chile.
- Travellers affected by this virus are pregnant women and couples likely to become pregnant within the coming months i.e. if your guest is not a woman of childbearing age, who is pregnant or trying to get pregnant, then the Zika virus most likely won’t cause them serious harm.
- Symptoms may include a mild fever, rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle or joint pain, and a general feeling of illness that begins 2 to 7 days after infection. It’s been reported that four out of five people who are infected have no symptoms at all.
- Zika cannot be transmitted through the air, food or water.
- For more information about the virus, please visit www.cdc.gov/zika/disease-qa.html
&Beyond’s Revised Cancellation Policy
In order to offer our guests travelling to the affected regions additional flexibility, &Beyond South America is offering our trade partners and guests, who have booked with us, a revised cancellation policy for pregnant travellers or honeymoon couples visiting the destinations impacted by the outbreak.
- This policy will apply to both new and existing bookings, and will be taken on a case by case basis, except for travel to Chile where normal terms and conditions apply.
- Special terms and conditions from hotel partners might apply and will need to be honoured by the guest; for example: requiring a doctor’s certificate for pregnant guests. We will keep guests informed on an individual basis.
- For guests wishing to switch destinations from affected areas and travel instead to Chile, &Beyond South America will do whatever we can to limit any cancellation fees (dependent on our suppliers), and will apply the balance returned to a reservation that includes any of the continental highlights of Chile i.e. Atacama, Lake District, the Fjords or Patagonia.