Your journey at a glance
Perfect for those looking for a dreamy honeymoon or a romantic getaway, which highlights spectacular South American cultural experiences, this Chilean Wine Country and Easter Island tour is not to be missed.
Venture to the breath-taking Cachapoal and Colchagua Valleys, a sun-drenched region highly celebrated for its delectable red wines. Delve into the burgeoning Wine Country that produces sublime varieties of Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Carménère – the symbolic grape of Chile. Revel in the Colchagua Valley and be treated to luxurious accommodation, world-class wine tasting tours led by renowned sommeliers, and memorable adventures including delicious food pairings, horse rides through vineyards, and romantic picnics.
Following your sojourn in the Wine Country, embark on an adventure to Easter Island; steeped in mysticism and offering a distinctive blend of Polynesian and South American culture. Also known as Rapa Nui, this incredible destination boasts the volcanic crater of Rano Kau, the Rano Raraku quarry where the sculptured heads of the moai were carved, and the Ahu Tongariki, the resting place of 15 moai. Other than sightseeing, you can look forward to an abundance of activities such as scuba diving and snorkelling in crystal clear waters, a sunset cruise, cultural immersions, horse riding and cycling in scenic surrounds.
• 3 nights Wine Country
• 4 nights Easter Island
What we love about this journey:
- Meander through the beautiful vineyard trails in the Cachapoal and Colchagua Valleys, the heart of Chile’s Wine Country and one of the most outstanding agricultural zones in this beautiful Latin American country
- Set off on a horseback ride along an ancient trail into the Andes, accompanied by an authentic Chilean huaso (cowboy)
- Round off a traditional South American barbeque with some stargazing beneath incredibly clear night skies
Indulge in a massage, facial or body scrub using products made from grapes grown on the property at the Viña Vik Millahue Hotel Spa
- Marvel at Easter Island’s captivating site where five enormous moai stand silhouetted against the crimson sky
- Visit the Rano Raraku quarry where the ancient moai were carved
- Explore stone village of Orongo, once served as the centre of an island-wide bird religion and home to Birdman rock carvings, situated on a knot of boulders
- Discover the largest ahu (shrine) on the island, Ahu Tongariki, comprised of fifteen majestic moais
- Wander through the small shops of Hanga Roa gain a sense of this unique region
- Visit Rano Raraku and gaze up at one of the island’s three dormant volcanoes
- Travel to the village of Orongo and delve into ancient Polynesian rituals
- Take part in a traditional Rapa Nui wedding ceremony, learning about this intriguing island’s culture and don a traditional dress for an impromptu wedding photo shoot that you’ll never forget
- Traverse Easter Island on foot, by bicycle or in its surrounding waters; unveiling beautiful landscapes
- Romantic couples, honeymooners, those celebrating milestone anniversaries
- Culture enthusiasts
The unforgettable journey featured here showcases just a few of our favourite combinations of activities, attractions and accommodation options in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming, and creating your own adventure. Chat to one of our dedicated Travel Planners, who will be able to help customise the ideal itinerary for you based on your interests, preferences and budget.