Your journey at a glance
Explore lively, irresistible Sri Lanka, boasting a rich and diverse cultural heritage that dates back to over 2 000 years, with Buddhism playing an integral part in its legacy. The Golden Triangle of Sigiriya, Kandy, Pollonaruwa and Anuradhapura stand on a strong foundation of religion. Not to be missed, these captivating destinations will entice your imagination with the fascinating Temple of the Sacred Tooth, the lofty enchanting Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the archaic city of Anuradhapura, resplendent with its “Tree of Enlightenment” and the intriguing historical kingdom of Pollonaruwa.
Meander through the Peradeniya Botanic Gardens, once an enchanting respite for Kandyan royalty, and lose yourself in Sri Lanka’s Hill Country, boasting lush tea plantations, cascading waterfalls and mist-shrouded mountains. Marvel at the magnificence of diverse wildlife including Asian elephants that can be seen in their hundreds at the Minneriya National Park.
A Sri Lanka vacation wouldn’t be complete without a few days spent unwinding on one of its pristine sandy beaches, so get ready to get your tan on and immerse yourself in golden paradise in Tangalle. Wander through the streets of Colombo and revel in stately colonial buildings, and significant religious places of worship including mosques, Roman Catholic churches, and Hindu and Buddhist temples peacefully neighbouring each other as the Colombo locals’ criss-cross paths on balmy streets.
- 1 night Horathapola Estate
- 2 nights Sigiriya
- 1 night Kandy
- 3 nights Hatton
- 3 nights Tangalle
- 1 night Colombo
What we love about this journey:
- Delve into ancient history of the Golden Triangle at the ancient cities Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa
- Strap on your hiking boots and make your way to the top of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Follow the leader on a specialised guided tour of the Dambulla Cave Temples
- Cherish the sight of magnificently mammoth Asian Elephants in the wild
- Explore verdant tea plantations and rainforest peaks
- Discover the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Languish in the magnificent Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- Revel in a scenic train journey to Hatton
- Cherish a beautifully tranquil Tea Experience at Tea Trails
- Cast your eye over picturesque Galle on your incoming flight
- Absorb the fascinating sight and sounds on a privately guided tour of Colombo by car
- Wildlife and culture enthusiasts; photography fanatics; history buffs; families and small groups
The unforgettable journey featured here showcases just a few of our favourite combinations of activities, attractions and accommodation options in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming, and creating your own adventure. Chat to one of our dedicated Travel Planners, who will be able to help customise the ideal itinerary for you based on your interests, preferences and budget.