Your journey at a glance
Embark on an unforgettable 12-day journey through three of Chile’s most contrasting landscapes. Your adventure kicks off in the Atacama Desert, in the north of Chile, the driest, most desolate and arid in the world. The Andean Altiplano will surprise you with its dramatic and exotic beauty. San Pedro de Atacama, a small town surrounded by impressive natural scenery, was the cradle of ancestral cultures. Considered today to be the archaeological capital of Chile, San Pedro continues to be a silent witness of the passage of time. The geological transformations of the desert give birth to ranges, volcanoes, salt flats and lagoons, bodies of water that emerge in the middle of the desert, thermal pools, geysers and marshes. A varied array of flora and fauna has managed to adapt to the extreme conditions of the desert such as llamas, guanacos, vicuñas, foxes, viscachas, rheas and lizards.
The next leg of your adventure will take you to spellbinding Santiago. The Chilean capital is today a modern, sprawling and vibrant metropolis that is flanked on one side by the Andes mountain range, and the Coastal range on the other. It is here that you can enjoy a series of tours that range from historical and cultural explorations to specific excursions centered on food, architecture and art.
After exploring the vibrancy of Santiago, you will head to the awe-inspiring beauty of Patagonia. Over 500 years after the arrival of the first European seafarers in Patagonia, the words to describe it are the same: exotic, faraway, vast, infinitely beautiful, wild, and indomitable. Situated in the heart of the National Park, the Torres del Paine Mountains are one of the main attractions of that region and an icon of Chilean Patagonia. The immensity of the ice floes, the majesty of the mountains and the expanse of the lakes are a constant source of wonderment. The Torres del Paine National Park’s habitat blends together a wide array of ecosystems, making it a treasure for Chilean wildlife.
Highlights of the itinerary
- Strap on your boots for various scenic hikes in the Atacama Desert. Discover the Moon Valley, walk along a river through a beautiful canyon, and venture to the hot springs of Puritama to relax weary muscles.
- Explore the Los Flamencos National Reserve, home to flamboyant flamingos.
- Gaze up to the skies and spend an evening stargazing with an astronomer.
- Visit the famous El Taito Geysers, bypassing the Alto Plano lakes which provides an excellent birdwatching opportunity.
- Hop onto the saddle for a bicycle excursion in the desert.
- Enjoy a full-day, themed exploration of vibrant Santiago. Choose from a culinary, art, sculpture or architecture tour.
- Discover Patagonia’s renowned French Valley on an awe-inspiring hiking adventure that unveils the region’s iconic landscapes or, for the more adventurous, trek to the base of the towers in Torres del Paine National Park.
- Ride through Patagonia on an extraordinary horseback adventure.
- Set out on a guided walk in search of the elusive puma.
- Embark on an excursion to the Grey Glacier, a massive natural ice construction.
Make the most of your adventure:
- Extend your stay by adding Easter Island or Argentina
Specially created for:
- First-time travellers to Chile
- Families and small groups
- Travellers looking for adventure
- Nature lovers