Your journey at a glance
Explore the wonders of Tanzania’s northern circuit on this exceptional 10-day, privately guided, 4x4 driven safari.
Accompanied by an exceptionally experienced &Beyond Private Guide throughout, you can expect fascinating insight about three of the region’s main attractions.
Discover the wonders of Lake Manyara National Park and unwind in a luxurious treehouse at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge.
Peer over the rim of the iconic Ngorongoro Crater and immerse yourself in the award-winning surrounds of &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.
Lastly, venture to the endless plains of the Serengeti for thrilling wildlife encounters during your stay at &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas, &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp and &Beyond Klein’s Camp.
The exclusivity of your private four-seater safari vehicle, customised to offer a more spacious interior, as well as the company of an &Beyond private guide; means that you’ll experience a truly unrivalled East Africa safari, with more time to traverse the country, and interact and engage with the diverse communities you drive through.
Delight your taste buds and sample local food in colourful cafés and go shopping in local stores with interesting items. A photographers dream, stop the vehicle at any stage, immerse yourself in your environment, and capture beautiful faces, wildlife and extraordinary landscapes.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in this iconic destination. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Arusha
- Upon your arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by your &Beyond guide who will transfer you by road to Arusha Coffee Lodge. This attractive little town is situated beneath the towering peaks of Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro. Arusha, renowned as the safari capital of Tanzania, offers a range of attractions and adventures
- Meander around a coffee plantation, learn how coffee is grown and sample some of Tanzania’s finest brew
Day 2-4: Lake Manyara National Park
- You will be met by your guide for your 2-3 hour drive in your 4 x 4 safari vehicle to Lake Manyara National Park. Once checked in at the gate, you will continue on a leisurely game drive to the lodge
- On route stop in at some of the local villages, especially Mto Wa Mbu, to get an understanding for the agricultural practises and various tribes that have settled here.
- Enjoy a leisurely afternoon game drive, followed by sundowners on the picturesque lakeshore, where you can admire seasonal pink flocks of flamingos
- On your game drive ask your guide to take you to the Maji Moto springs (Maji Moto means ‘hot water’ in Kiswahili), a unique geological feature found nowhere else in Tanzania
- After dinner head out on an adventurous night game drive and the opportunity to encounter sightings of nocturnal species
- Take a morning to cycle through the local communities next to the Park, visit a clinic, schools and local small shops, getting a feel for the culture on the lake shore
Day 4-6: Ngorongoro Crater
- Take a game drive through Manyara Park and up the escarpment towards the misty Crater highlands. Enjoy the productive farming area you drive through and stop at a local vegetable farm if you would like to on route to the Ngorongoro Crater Crater Lodge
- Discover breath-taking wildlife on the spectacular Crater floor game drive, the game viewing on the Crater floor is sensational, as this unique eco system supports an abundance of game – look out for the Big Five!
- If you would like to stretch your legs or get in touch with the surrounds, there are a number of hikes and walks – Empakai walk is a full day, but startlingly beautiful and well worth it. An area of vast natural beauty, on clear days the Crater offers views of Ol Doinyo Lengai, Tanzania’s most recently active volcano. If you prefer a gentler stroll, wander along the crater rim to take in the spectacular views.
- Book a Crater Floor Banquet to dine in style on the floor of this ancient place.This is the ultimate dining experience in the heart of the wild.
- Enjoy sundowners on the rim of this bucket list place
- Choose to do a wine tasting or have a private dinner in the wine store
Day 6-8: Serengeti
- Your adventure now takes you to the Serengeti. If culture and history are of interest, make a detour to Olduvai Gorge and Shifting Sands, where the Leakey’s made fascinating paleoanthropological discoveries
- After your fascinating discoveries you will either make your way to the lesser explored Western Serengeti to Grumeti or to the Northern Eastern tip to the Klein’s Camp concession
- If you are on route to &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, relish the languorous opportunity of sitting on your breezy veranda and watching the playful hippos in the pool in front of you while sipping on your favourite beverage
- A game drive is an experience to look forward to here with incredibly dense population of wildlife and never-ending rolling plains, with few tourists in this part of the park for most of the year you can enjoy all the sensational sightings to yourself
- At &Beyond Klein’s Camp, the views across the plains call for an equally delicious drink
- Take full advantage of the private concession and enjoy flexibility of doing night drives, eating in the bush, exchanging your vehicle for your walking shoes and doing a walking safari
- Take time to visit a Maasai village where you will have the opportunity to meet with a Maasai family and visit a traditional boma
Day 8-10: Serengeti Under Canvas
- Your adventure continues in to the Serengeti where you will make your way to &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas to follow the thundering wildebeest migration
- Go on a game drive to look for the herds, and the predatory cats that often follow them
- Experience the breath-taking beauty of the Serengeti National Park on a once-in-a-lifetime hot air balloon flight. At dawn, rise as the sun greets the day and float in whichever direction the winds of the morning take you
- Enjoy dinner under the stars and stories around the camp fire
Day 10: Departure
Today, we wave a fond farewell. After breakfast, you will be driven to the airstrip where you will take a flight back to Kilimanjaro International Airport, where you will board your flight home.